Anyone interested in a DH/FR jam in southern WI?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Anyone interested in a DH/FR jam in southern WI?

Fellow Midwesterners,

This past year I've been thinking about holding an event at the DH/FR trails that some friends and I have been working on these past few years.

I want to know if anyone would be interested in coming to southern WI (think Kettle Moraine/Lake Geneva area) for a day of freeriding, food, and beer?

I was thinking early October. What do you guys think?

P.s. Bring your big boy pants.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Sold - Just to clarify - Are you referring to the new trails at Alpine Valley?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I am not talking about alpine (wasn't aware there were stuff out there), im talking about some "secret" trails near Lake Geneva. Are you near the area? PM me and I'll shoot you the details.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by arkon11 View Post
    I am not talking about alpine (wasn't aware there were stuff out there), im talking about some "secret" trails near Lake Geneva. Are you near the area? PM me and I'll shoot you the details.
    Sounds fun but why don't you consider some non-"secret" trails? The "secret" stuff usually gets abandoned or lacks the support or resources to make something honestly great or sustainable, usually ends up being a waste of time.

I need skills
    Jul 2004
    I would enjoy seeing what you have created.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    bitflogger, I understand where your coming from, but we build trails/features that we want to ride, and although it is difficult to maintain, I think we manage just fine.

I'll post up some photos of the spot sooner rather than later so you can get an idea of what to expect. Full details coming soon!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by arkon11 View Post
    Fellow Midwesterners,

This past year I've been thinking about holding an event at the DH/FR trails that some friends and I have been working on these past few years.

I want to know if anyone would be interested in coming to southern WI (think Kettle Moraine/Lake Geneva area) for a day of freeriding, food, and beer?

I was thinking early October. What do you guys think?

P.s. Bring your big boy pants.
    I am interested but I threw away my big boy pants when I joined MTBR.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    haha, well that is ok KiteJumping. At least you don't own a 29er "DH" bike, like some people I know.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I'd be interested depending on the date. I'm about two hours away from you. Get some pictures and we'll see.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Just posted in the IL thread, Im interested but depending on the size of the features I might need to secure a different bike to ride for the weekend. I dont have any big stuff to ride around here (northern IL) so I dont have a dedicated DH or FR bike anymore. Send me some info with details and pictures and I will see if its stuff I would even be interested in riding.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Any news on this?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I figured those of you following this thread would be interested in this:

Mountain Biking | Little Switzerland

The link at the bottom of the page takes you to a lot of Facebook pics of what they've built. Looks pretty great.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    That looks really fun. I'm glad to see more ski hills rolling what the rock did.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Yes Little Switzerland looks awesome! Not the place I was referring to in my original post, but I'll post some more info soon. Looking for a mid-October ride day, so hopefully no conflicts around then.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    These trails wouldn't happen to be near a water tower, would they?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    UPDATE:

Well guys, it looks like we're probably going to have to push the event back to next spring. Lots of developments are going on out at the spot, but nothing is really ready to have a full on event. But.... I do recommend everyone go up to Little Switzerland next weekend, and show your support for what looks like some awesome trails they are putting together!

mtbr member

Thanks!

Thanks for suggesting Little Switz for next Saturday, September 20th.

We are looking forward to a great turn out. There are 5 trails complete so far, with several more planned for next year. The whole park design and build has been completed by a local rider (with heavy equipment, skid steer, mini-x, backhoe, and dumptruck). Countless hours later, with the help of friends and volunteers it's finally ready to ride. 2+ yrs of blood, sweat & beers.......

We have built a road gap drop, cannon jumps, a whale tail, many huge tables, hips to the left & right, step-ups & step-downs......it's just too much to list. I almost forgot to mention the berms, we have a few of those as well. All features have go arounds, and there are multiple line options throughout the park.

Come on out and show your support.
    20 bucks will get you access to Two chairlifts from 10-4.
    Even if you don't ride, can't ride (injury, etc...) the ski hill has an open house that same day, with lifts available for spectators. Food and drink will be available as well.

Thanks,
    Part-Time Builder/Guinea Pig

Check out this page:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Littl...17969788377793