Any trails I am missing in Wisconsin?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Any trails I am missing in Wisconsin?

Not sure who all surfs this during the winter months in Wisconsin, but I am looking for new trails to ride around the Fox Valley/Antigo Area. I have ridden Baird's, Refo, High Cliff and Nicolet/Roche. I was hoping for something new around the Langlade area as I have a cabin in the area without riding 4 wheeler trails.

I have also heard good things about the Kettles and somewhere near Hayward as I spend about a week up there every summer. There is also a tiny trails run in Appleton along the river.

Anything Else I am missing the the area?
    29" Trail Assault.

I need skills
    Jul 2004

Bear Paw?

Bear Paw is building single track within their XC ski loops (just a few miles from the Roche). (Were you at a trail day there?)

Regarding the Roche, an epic day can be had riding from Boulder lake to Bootlake. Need topo maps, gps and a bit of luck. The Langlade county land has hundreds of miles of trails a person could easily get lost in. (North on P, off Hwy 64).

Swim Bike Run
    Jan 2010
    John Muir Trails in the Kettles are pretty good. The blue loop is the best (longest) but there are a few tricky sections especialy if it's slippery. Great training for mud riding though!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson
    Bear Paw is building single track within their XC ski loops (just a few miles from the Roche). (Were you at a trail day there?)

Regarding the Roche, an epic day can be had riding from Boulder lake to Bootlake. Need topo maps, gps and a bit of luck. The Langlade county land has hundreds of miles of trails a person could easily get lost in. (North on P, off Hwy 64).

Yeah I was at Biketoberfest this last year on the white 29er. I haven't had a chance to ride the Bear Paw yet but from what I hear it is pretty awesome. The Roche is by far my favorite.
    29" Trail Assault.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    what about heading west, to the XC loop at mt morris ?? or standing rocks ?? both are sweet.

mtbr member
    I'd go north a little further too and hit the trails around Rhinelander and Eagle River. Bikes 'n Boards has maps of some good stuff. I thoroughly enjoy riding there, and it's roughly an hour from Langlade

mtbr member
    Kewaunee Riverview and Winterpark, both excellent singletrack, and both received a lot of TLC last summer in the way of new bridges, and other needed maintenance.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RPtheFP
    Not sure who all surfs this during the winter months in Wisconsin, but I am looking for new trails to ride around the Fox Valley/Antigo Area
    You have good riding west of Antgo - northwest. Underdown between Merrill and Tomahawk has had great improvements in recent years.

Roc
    mtbr member
    There is also a tiny trails run in Appleton along the river.
    Where are the trail in Appleton? Also Greenbush (Northern Kettles) has been redone and is very nice. I'd love to try Roche

Swim Bike Run
    Jan 2010
    Has everyone ridden these trails in the winter? I know some places close their trails to bikes so snowshoers can use them and didn't know which ones were open.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Roc
    There is also a tiny trails run in Appleton along the river.
    Where are the trail in Appleton? Also Greenbush (Northern Kettles) has been redone and is very nice. I'd love to try Roche
    The follow the river downtown. Stop in Appleton Bike Shop and we can show you where they are. I have not ridden them yet but my boss used to ride them quite a bit. They are not long but still something.
    29" Trail Assault.

mtbr member
    My bike is up for now. I'd say Baird Creek could be ridden right now, but you're not getting up anything without studs. Kewaunee's Winter Park always has snowshoe tracks on the trail this time of year, but I haven't been there in over a month. IDK about the others mentioned.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I rode Baird's four of the last five days. East of 43 is far better currently than west. It's challenging for sure, but fun none the less.

mtbr member
    What, you're been riding and holding out on us? I am surprised I didn't hear from ya!! Let's ride next week if the storm doesn't mess things up too bad.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Sorry man, but with the weather and deteriorating XC trails I had to try. Had so much fun I've been going whenever I have a couple hours. I'll get a hold of ya.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

the Misfits

Because of winter here in the north I am and sure others are missing all of the trails. Can't hardly wait, but for now it sure is fun to be an xc skier!!!

mtbr member
    Well, this weather we're having now has destroyed everything for skiing in the GB area. It's the wonderful mix of nothing to do except sit inside on a stationary

PMC
    mtbr member
    May 2004
    If you're going to be around Hayward for a week bring your MTB
    Stop at the LBS and get yer self a trail map. Lots of excellent single track to keep you busy for the week.

Members who have read this thread: 0