Any group rides in the LaCrosse?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Any group rides in the LaCrosse?

I will be in the area for about 10-12 days and plan on riding a lot. I will ride on the roads around Coon Valley too...but I'd love to hit a local trail or two. I'm fairly new at this so in a new area it would be cool to shown the ropes a bit.

mtbr member
    Call Smith's Cycling and Fitness at 608-784-1175. I think the MTB group ride is Friday evenings, but I'm not sure.

Road rides also leave from the shop @ 5:00PM

Tuesday night is the hammer fest.
    Wednesday night is a no drop ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thanks Nater! I will call and plan to ride along Friday night if it is planned...wanted to check out the Human Powered Trails anyways and I think that's where they go.

This morning I've been mapping a road ride starting in Westby for today. I'm looking for 20-25 miles with moderate elevation changes. I don't have a road bike so a 20 mile ride with hills or up to 30 fairly level would be my range...I'm sure I won't find "level" around here though...

Appreciate it!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthJeff View Post
    ..wanted to check out the Human Powered Trails anyways and I think that's where they go.
    That's definitely where they go.

Have fun!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Nater View Post
    That's definitely where they go.

Have fun!
    Yep...called them and I plan on being there, really appreciate it!

mtbr member
    I'm sure you will enjoy the trails at HPT. For some variety, call or stop in to chat with the guys at Bluedog Cycles in Viroqua (608-637-6993)...they will give you the scoop on a great trail system in Sidie Hollow County Park, as well as a few other not so well known trails.

The area also has some of the best road riding in the state. From Coon Valley try County P through Timber Coulee and past the the Snow Flake ski jump and golf course. Turn right on Kolbo road, ride through Westby, then back to Coon Valley on Spring Coulee road.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bcpedaler View Post
    I'm sure you will enjoy the trails at HPT. For some variety, call or stop in to chat with the guys at Bluedog Cycles in Viroqua (608-637-6993)...they will give you the scoop on a great trail system in Sidie Hollow County Park, as well as a few other not so well known trails.

The area also has some of the best road riding in the state. From Coon Valley try County P through Timber Coulee and past the the Snow Flake ski jump and golf course. Turn right on Kolbo road, ride through Westby, then back to Coon Valley on Spring Coulee road.
    Great advice...really appreciate it! Toped by Bluedog and talked to I think Pete and he told me about those trails...even info on HPT. I will definitely go back and check out those Sidie trails...can't wait! Also, that looks like a great route you gave me from CV to Westby and back...I will check the mileage and then take it slow if its on the long side for me.

Thanks again to both you guys...Shaping up to be a good "bike time" out here. Got to ride hard so I can earn my time at the Stockyard in Coon Valley this weekend...

mtbr member
    Great Italian restaurant in CV as well...Discasio's. Best breakfast in the area is at Borgen's in Westby