Any fun trails in the MKE/ Greenfield area?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Any fun trails in the MKE/ Greenfield area?

I am visiting some family members in Aug and I want to rent a FS MTB and either hit some trails or just do some Urban riding. So a few questions...

1) Where could I rent a FS MTB for 2 days?
    2) Any area in MKE that has trails to ride?
    Check out some great MTB gear @ www.evomo.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AzMtbeR
    I am visiting some family members in Aug and I want to rent a FS MTB and either hit some trails or just do some Urban riding. So a few questions...

Regarding #1, Im not so sure.

However regarding #2, you should definitely check out the ALpha Trails / Crystal Ridge in Franklin (right near Greenfield). There is about 8-9 miles of VERY nice singletrack and some fun downhill lines to enjoy there.

The Trailhead is right across the street from the Parking lot for Whitnall Park Golf Course on South 92nd street between the Root River Parkway and Rawson Ave.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...53132&t=h&z=16

mtbr member
    Cool, thanks I will have to check it out. Before moving out to Arizona I remember by St Luke's hospital there was an area to do some freeriding by the water canals.
    Check out some great MTB gear @ www.evomo.com

mtbr member
    Cool, thanks I will have to check it out. Before moving out to Arizona I remember by St Luke's hospital there was an area to do some freeriding by the water canals.

I frequently ride in the drainage canals you refer to. My "go-to" ride around my house consists of riding the canal between St Lukes and Jackson Park, then hitting the trails along side the river/drainage canal along the KK Parkway/Jackson Park Drive. There are some amazingly neat areas tucked away between the KK and Jackson Prk Dr, although a few trails are now man made dead ends, it is certain fun to cruise around there. Definitely offers some challenging routes for the courageous.

Check out this link to Google Maps;

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...53219&t=h&z=16

If you take that little pathway heading north from Jackson Park Dr. and hang a left just before the bridge, you will immediately see the trails leading into the woods. Lots of fun little lines in there, ranging from dangerously technical (along the edge of a 15+' drop into the river) to easy flowing wide pathways. Nothing spectacular, but I greatly enjoy these little gems tucked away from sight in the heart of Milwaukee's Southwest burbs

Sep 2008

There is a bike shop on 12 and H just before the kettle Moraine trails where you can rent a Gary Fisher HiFi 29'ner (full suspension) for $40 and ride it right there at the Kettles. Awesome trails and you can ride all day and hardly hit the same trails twice (unless you want to)

Crystal Ridge is a blast too but I don't know of any rentals close by

Members who have read this thread: 0