Any bikers in Waukesha area- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Any bikers in Waukesha area

Just checkin out to see if there are any riders in the Elm Grove/Brookfield/Waukesha area. Looking for some new trails to ride so if you have any please post. Also I would really really like to know if there are any good dirt jumping spots around cause I want to start dirt jumping
    Last edited by grunt2960; 04-25-2005 at 06:53 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    im from bfield. As far as places to go, i would say the closest trails would be in franklin. There is a singletrack trail that goes around crystal ridge. If you have ever been there skiing (if you want to call it that there) but anyways its accually a nice trail, then if you go to the far skiers left of the hill in the way lower corner at the bottem of the hill you can hook up with another single track that i think just opened last year. Besides that your next best bet is John muir/emma carlten trails in south kettle moraine. I beleave there is also a trail in tosa and one in milwaukee along the milwaukee river but i have never been on them. I dont know of any dirt jumps though

mtbr member

Milw, wi, riders

Quote Originally Posted by grunt2960
    Just checkin out to see if there are any riders in the Elm Grove/Brookfield/Waukesha area. Looking for some new trails to ride so if you have any please post. Also I would really really like to know if there are any good dirt jumping spots around cause I want to start dirt jumping
    I live down on the east side of Milwaukee, and there are some good trails along both sides of the river. The easiest place to start would be where North Avenue crosses the river, on the west side. Ride that north to Capitol and back on the east side and it's about 6 miles. You can go all the way to Port Wash and back, then it's almost 8. I know it doesn't sound like the greatest place to ride, but it's actually pretty decent.

I've also seen a trail along the river in Tosa, but I haven't ridden it yet. I don't know much about that. It might be part of this: http://www.countyparks.com/trails/mountainbike.html

You definitely want to check this page out http://www.ridemidwest.com/wisconsin.html, I've heard some friends do the trail along the bluff in cudahay and they loved it.

mtbr member

trails/Dj spots

there are trails along the river in downtown milwaukee. Those are cool, there are more trails along the lakefront in cudahay. OK, but short. Across from the harley davidson plant are some really nice trails lots of diffrent loops. as far as DJ spots there are a few secret spots that if you ask the right person you might find them :P, but the best one near my house is in hoyt park in wauwatosa, along the train tracks. they arent that great right now, but they will be worked on really soon and shold be up to par by summer.

Bill