Another beautiful ride at Nicolet Roche- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Another beautiful ride at Nicolet Roche

It gained a new nickname yesterday for me and my friend. "Twig City". With the lower volume of traffic there, and the high winds a week ago, we found there were twigs EVERYWHERE. It was pretty wild. One bent spoke, and a lot of stops to remove debris. Would've tried to pull a few more off the trail, but it seemed so pointless.

That was my only complaint about the trail. Aside from that, I was very pleased to ride there again. It is exciting that one of the trails through the tornado damage has been repaired. As always it was a blast on some of the boulders. I never tire of how humble some of those rocks make me feel. I ended up leaving bleeding all over except for my left arm and face My favorite has to be the two large connected boulders right near MOAB. Tons of fun, but yesterday it was pretty wet/slick, and I had to bounce down one of them.

All in all a very enjoyable trip. Really funny that we were riding up through the tornado damage trying to figure out what that noise was on someone's PA system. Sounded like a soccer game with lots of "Goooooooal"s. D'uh....the WORS race was just over the hill. I'll be there in Sheboygan to ride and have fun. Definitely not going to place with how soft I'm feeling these days.

More thx to the builder(s) at Nicolet Roche

I need skills
    Jul 2004

This weekend

Oct 10th is our Biketoberfest. 1:00 PM at the Boulder Lake Campground.
    We use back pack blowers and clear the trail of all leaves (and twigs). It is a good time.

Note: We discourage people riding the trail when it is wet. Potentially creates ruts, wrecks features..... Please use good judgment if the trails are soft.

mtbr member
    uhhh...yeah. About that. I actually didn't know y'all discourage such ridings, but I did my best as always to be courteous to the trail. Only part I know I messed up was when I crashed on a boulder, and I did my best to fix it

I need skills
    Jul 2004

lol

I guess you sped up erosion by 10,000 years on that rock.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

the Cramps

Your the one who broke that boulder?! That was such a nice big gentle rock and now its broke. Watch out, will you, for the trees bro. Enough of'm been broken out there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Hell yes Biketober Fest tomorrow.
    29" Trail Assault.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I was going to do the sheboygan ride. But tis going to be a cold freakin mud pit.

mtbr member
    See ya in the pit if you're there. I'd biketober, but I I have homework and other such things that need doing.

mtbr member
    you missed Hamm's in the woods - little chilly but that kept the Hamm's cold.
    Gianni out....
    sent via crackberry

Members who have read this thread: 0