Centennial Trail in Illinois- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2020

Centennial Trail in Illinois

I ride the palos system and was wondering if anyone has ridden the centennial trail from Archer Ave to downtown Lemont. Didnít know if it went through. Thanks for any help.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    You need to cross the canal at Lemont road and it dumps you at Illinois street. I have not personally hopped off to head into town, but I do believe there is a sidewalk the length of the bridge but you will need to head north on Old Lemont road from the trail and cross Lemont road to get to it.

As things open up I am planning an Imperial Oak - Polyanna - Metal Monkey bike tour so this will be an important route to take. If feeling saucy you can catch the I&M and head all the way to Mygrain in Joliet as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2020
    Kinda why I asked, I live in Palos heights and wanted to ride to Lemont to Pollyanna, have done Imperial Oak but not such how many others are rideable.
    From researching some more thatís what I thought, having to ride across the bridge on Lemont road. Thanks for the help, hopefully gonna try it soon

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Metal Monkey is just a short jaunt from where the Centennial ends and the I&M begins, but you have to ride some busy roads to get there. It looks like you may be able to sneak into a neighborhood and into the industrial park to skip some of it. There is a sidewalk/bike path on Romeo road at least to the museum which will help. IO is definitely the easy one, and Pollyanna is only a bit more streety.

Put me in the "hopefully soon" camp as well. Report back any interesting findings and cheers!