Anyone Been to Scales Lake in Boonville Recently?- Mtbr.com
    Free Soul Rider

Anyone Been to Scales Lake in Boonville Recently?

My husband and I went there for the first time this last Saturday for only 15 minutes (my husband is a little out of shape), over 5 miles of trail that aren't exactly marked. I didn't know that it wasn't exactly for beginners until after I got home, but we went again Sunday for almost all of the trail and had a blast. I am not experienced on technical trails (yet) and have only been to Angel Mounds trails a dozen times last year and went to New Harmony Trail's twice last year, so these trails seemed pretty damn awesome. They are very well kept and have quite a few new things I think, but I don't know what they're called. It is supposed to be raining a lot this week so hopefully I can get out there the following weekend and take some photos of the trails. Scales Lake is only about 15 minutes from my house, while New Harmony is about 45 to an hour and I haven't been to Hoosier for Mtb'ing yet so if anyone can give me their opinions on Hoosier as well, that would be awesome.
    ~Do It Not Only For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable~

All fat, all the time.
    Rode scales lake last year, it's a fun trail. I like the small jumps you can hit at speed, & the teeter-totter was very cool.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Yes I have stopped by there a few times on my way home from work. I like it but really have not been anywhere else to compare it to. I am probably a lot like your husband a little actually a lot here out of shape.

Plus for $20 for a yearly pass it is great.

mtbr member
    I'm wanting to go here soon, I'm kinda the opposite of of the OP...I live about 5 minute from harmonie state park. Have some friends that go often and say it's a blast.
    And a FYI, Harmonie started maning the gates again, so you now have to pay to get in. Can't remember off hand how much though, as I just got a yearly pass.

Free Soul Rider
    I hate gate fees, but that is how they maintain the trails. I paid $20 for the annual pass at Scales Lake.
    ~Do It Not Only For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable~

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Scales Lake trails are getting better and better each year. The trails are very well maintained and new features are constantly being added. Completely different style of trail compared to Harmonie. Here's a recent video from Scales.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEO8aUFWmaI

Free Soul Rider
    Yeah, they are definitely much different to Harmonie and closer to me. I think I enjoy Scales Lake much more than Harmonie.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    We have a nice group ride at scales lake every thursday , about 6:15-6:30. usually 20-30 riders out. everyone's welcome, regardless of skill level. come on out!

Adam

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I just rode at Scales' Lake yesterday and had a blast! It was a wet ride, but what a riot.

Members who have read this thread: 0