mtbr member

ML8 Rebound Knob With Live Of Its Own

Lately, the rebound knob on my ML8 shock is moving by itself while riding. I typically run rebound 4-5 klicks from slowest, but a few minutes into the ride I typically find that rebound has become faster...and sure enough when I check, I find the rebound knob anywhere from 3-5 klicks faster then what I set it to at the beginning of the ride. Anybody with any ideas why this is happening and knows a cure for this? I am pretty familiar with the DUC, but have never messed with the ML8 shock other than adding and removing oil. Any ideas or hints are highly welcome.

Schipperkes are cool.
    There should be an o-ring inside the knob. If it's not there, that might make the knob move.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.
    I ride so slow, your Garmin will shut off.

mtbr member
    Just to bring this thread to closure.....after a few emails with Ethan at Maverick, I decided to send him the damper for a rebuild. Turnaround time was less than a week and the damper works even better now (and yes, rebound stays as adjusted). My experience with Maverick customer service over the last 2 years has been nothing but stellar!! This is what I wrote back to Ethan...

"Hi Ethan,

Got the shock back, built it back in and rode yesterday for 2 hours. Rebound adjustment no longer moves while riding and stays as adjusted...Nice! Maybe I am hallucinating, but I could swear the back end tracks even better now, more compliant without any sacrifice on the pedalling efficiency side. Did you do some kind of revalving? Anyway, whatever you did, it works very well and I am a very happy Maverick customer. Thank you!"

Give the MAN some applause

cyco biker
    Any word as to the change vs hallucination? Maybe the new oil & some Slick Honey on the O rings made all the difference.
    My hobby is keeping wood alive

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RTrainer
    Any word as to the change vs hallucination? Maybe the new oil & some Slick Honey on the O rings made all the difference.
    No hallucination. Ethan responded that he set up the chamber differently, more progressive, so the travel is more usable. Not exactly sure what he did, but it definitely feels even better then before the damper re-build.

Schipperkes are cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzywater
    No hallucination. Ethan responded that he set up the chamber differently, Not exactly sure what he did,
    \

No one does, that sneaky bastard.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.
    I ride so slow, your Garmin will shut off.

Members who have read this thread: 0