yarmouth trail in danger?

Printable View

• 09-06-2014
    dang
    yarmouth trail in danger?
    I saw somewhere someone questioning the new surveying stakes on and near the trails . I think this is where a new exit and road is going.they've been talking about ways to mitigate the hyannis traffic from exit 7 to airport rotary and years ago a new exit 6b was proposed. The stakes start at marydunn rd and go for about a mile (?). We'll it was nice for the past 15+ (?) years for me.
  • 09-06-2014
    SuperbMan
    I'm the one who posted that question…It looked like highway surveying for sure. Too Bad, it's a swell little area to ride.
    \
  • 09-06-2014
    newmarketrog
    would that take out some of bushwood, the wall, lower south 6, and the back 9?

bummer. such precious memories in those trails. remembering the great winter rides when the ground was frozen with a coupla inches of sparkling fresh powder snow just waiting for tread. packing them into a perfect winter ribbon of grip and rip. bushwood is probably one of the nicest snow riding trails i've ever been on. no studs ever needed.

come up to southern maine for a visit, dan:)

rog
  • 09-06-2014
    WATERBOOY
    I believe there is talk of extending the rail trail to route 132 and one of the proposals is going through this land. It looks like there are a few options and most would only lose the trail along the highway. I don't know much about it except what I've read on the below link:

http://www.capecodcommission.org/res...ting021213.pdf
  • 09-07-2014
    dang
    Hmmm. Looks like it could be for the bike trail. I read they're also extending Yarmouth's .

Still sucks but it's much better than a highway but it might not affect the trail much.

$11 mil +

I'll tell ya what destroys our trails : motorcycles. They're ripping apart Sandwich. Really aggravating .
  • 09-07-2014
    dang
    Looks like we might have another 3-5 yrs .doc says construction '17-19. The spenders keep raising taxes on everything so they probably have the money.