XC skiing conditions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

XC skiing conditions

Anyone else enjoying the mtb trails on skis right now? Blue Hills is a good place to check out, but some of those jagged rocks do a number on the skis unless there's a huge base. I've found the Middlesex Fells to be heads and tails above any other place I've skied in Eastern MA. They get a ton of use so you're able to cruise along broken trails at a good clip and then you're free to venture off trail to check out fresh snow on the downhills. The woods aren't too think, so going off trail is easy. Quick ups and down with lots of turns, just the way it should be. Going to check out Dover/Noanet Woods too one of these days. Anybody else got thoughts on other places that are good?

guru meditation
    Central Mass area - I've recently visited Upton SF, Plummers in Northbridge, Cormier Woods in Uxbridge, and Trout Brook in Holden - all good for x-c and snowshoeing. We did get a few more inches of powdery snow yesterday, so I am going to find out how that is in a few minutes...

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Good info goingblank. I've enjoyed the central-mass rail trail and adjacent trails near trout brook.

Members who have read this thread: 0