Wrentham SF - Gilbert Hills Advice- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

Wrentham SF - Gilbert Hills Advice

I'm from WMass and may have some hours to kill in the Foxboro area this weekend. I was thinking about starting at the outlets, finding my way through Wrentham, cross some neighborhoods, ride Gilbert Hills and finish over near Patriot place. This would allow me to get dropped off and picked up but most importantly the wife is adequately occupied with her favorite past time - shopping. It has the potential to be a win - win. Would I be better off riding just one of these two places. If so, which one would you recommend? Has anyone ridden a similar route? Thank You!

CP
    Yup, you could do an exploring type ride from the Wrentham Outlets to F.Gilbert Foxboro, but it helps to have some local knowledge or a really good (updated) map for the Wrentham sections because there will be a few sections where it feels like you're in someone's backyard, as well as a few road sections.

If I had a choice between the exploring ride or pick between the two areas, I'd just plan a big loop in Foxboro. If you do so, dont forget to incorporate the Foxboro Conservation Land Trails, I think you'll have a better experience overall IMHO. It also depends on how much time you want to spend riding.

mtbr member
    I would skip Wrenthan state forest and have the wife drop you at Foxboro instead. Wrentham is pretty beat up form the dirt bikes. There are a lot of trails in Foxboro and you will have no problem enjoying a number of hours there. Enjoy the trip.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Excellent, I appreciate the feedback! Thank you!

Members who have read this thread: 0