Worcester area trail maps

Printable View

  • 04-10-2010
    Cyclopod
    Worcester area trail maps
    Hi everyone. I'm new to the area and I'm hearing great things about the local trails. I'm thinking of heading out on my first ride this or next weekend, but since I do not know any local riders, that and I'm out of shape (don't really want to slow anyone down). I was hoping to get hold of some of local trail maps, or even a map that I can load onto my GPS unit. For starters I'm looking at trails in near Worcester, like the Rayburn, West Milbury or even Vietnam trail.

    Thanks
  • 04-10-2010
    bushwacker72
    this may get you started.
    good luck

    http://bikerag.com/mountain%20bike%2...%20reviews.htm
  • 04-10-2010
    Cyclopod
    Thanks Bushwacker.
  • 04-12-2010
    woodsguy
    I also have a google map below and you can search gps tracks here.
  • 04-12-2010
    Cyclopod
    Thanks woodsguy. Went for my first ride MA ride at Rayburn and except for a cramps (out of conditioning) it was a great ride.
  • 04-14-2010
    Blitzer31
    I'm planning to ride rayburn Sunday the 18th if you are interested. Dont worry about the pace.
  • 04-14-2010
    Cyclopod
    Thanks Blitzer, let me see what I have going on for then (need to get ready for the in laws). But, I'll probably be able to make it.
  • 04-20-2010
    AuntieAPE
    Hey Cyclopod - I'm also fairly new to Worcester and don't know many people - give me a shout if you want to meet up and ride, esp if you're free during weekdays. You may also want to check out the BVNEMBA weekly rides - I did a couple last fall and hope to get back out with them sometime.
  • 05-02-2010
    Cyclopod
    I got to hit the West Millbury trail, aka, singletary, yesterday. That was a really fun ride. I'm still working on getting and I was wiped out by the time I got back to the parking lot, but I see myself spending a lot of time at this trail. Thanks for the maps guys. I would have been lost otherwise.
  • 05-08-2010
    JUNGLEKID5
    go into Bicycle Alley and ask for Scott and he can show you some sweet trails.. tell him curt sent you
  • 05-08-2010
    JUNGLEKID5
    go into Bicycle Alley and ask for Scott {he has crazzy curly hair} and he can show you some sweet trails.. tell him curt sent you
  • 05-09-2010
    Cyclopod
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by JUNGLEKID5
    go into Bicycle Alley and ask for Scott {he has crazzy curly hair} and he can show you some sweet trails.. tell him curt sent you

    Sounds like a good deal. Bicycle Alley is just down the hill from me, and its on the way en route to the Milbury trails.
  • 05-16-2010
    JUNGLEKID5
    yes but you dont have to even go that far
  • 05-17-2010
    Cyclopod
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by JUNGLEKID5
    yes but you dont have to even go that far

    Saw him yesterday before I got this. I forgot to drop your name. I'll bring it up next time I'm at the shop.
  • 05-17-2010
    Cyclopod
    Hey Junglekid, do you know anything about this trail that circles the airport? I found a topo map at a site listed above. No GPX map.
  • 05-21-2010
    Mudhunter
    Hey Junglekid, what else is around the airport? I have heard of Chaos but the reviews are all 5-6 years old. I would like to know more about the area since I live near tatnuck square. Can you repost the link to the trail that goes around the airport? Thanks:thumbsup:
  • 05-21-2010
    Cyclopod
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Mudhunter
    Hey Junglekid, what else is around the airport? I have heard of Chaos but the reviews are all 5-6 years old. I would like to know more about the area since I live near tatnuck square. Can you repost the link to the trail that goes around the airport? Thanks:thumbsup:

    Is this the site you're looking for?

    http://bikerag.com/mountain%20bike%2...%20reviews.htm

    If I manage to get out early enough today I may try some of it.
  • 05-21-2010
    nolan17
    There was trails out there but the ice storm we had 2 years ago pretty much snapped the tops off of all the trees in the area. It looks like a hurricane hit it.

    Also that is all Reservoir land that supplies water to Worcester County and if you are caught riding it you could be fined or worse. Similar to what would happen if you get caught riding in the Quabbin Reservoir.
  • 05-22-2010
    Cyclopod
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by nolan17
    There was trails out there but the ice storm we had 2 years ago pretty much snapped the tops off of all the trees in the area. It looks like a hurricane hit it.

    Also that is all Reservoir land that supplies water to Worcester County and if you are caught riding it you could be fined or worse. Similar to what would happen if you get caught riding in the Quabbin Reservoir.

    What trail in particular? The guys at Bicycle Alley said that the trail was all good.
  • 05-22-2010
    insanitylevel9
    i ride nam every weekend if you want ill gladly show you around, if not me i'm sure some one will show you around pretty much every one up there is wicked friendly.
  • 05-25-2010
    lovethecape
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Cyclopod
    What trail in particular? The guys at Bicycle Alley said that the trail was all good.

    Chaos / "the Bump" above the airport was an awesome trail. I just got back into mtn biking this year so haven't been there in a 2-3 years. I mean to give it another look soon. I do know that the old access point has been replaced by a couple of new houses. At the end of the road there is a gate where it turns into a gravel road. The white trail takes off on the left IIRC a 100 feet down or so.

    Anyone comment on Spider Gates on the other side of rt 122?

    Trout brook is a small'ish park in Holden. Singletrack, technical roots. Some rocky sections. Not a lot of large climbs. It's well marked and you could do a couple loops to make it a 7 maybe 10 mile ride.

    Vietnam is awesome. Go early in the AM and no one is there !
  • 05-26-2010
    Mudhunter
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Cyclopod
    Is this the site you're looking for?

    http://bikerag.com/mountain%20bike%2...%20reviews.htm

    If I manage to get out early enough today I may try some of it.

    Thanks Cyclopod, I went up there the other day and it looked not too bad, will take the bike up there this weekend. Found a cool pet cemetery from the 40's up there too. If anyone else knows of stuff on the west side put it up! Thanks
  • 05-26-2010
    Cyclopod
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by insanitylevel9
    i ride nam every weekend if you want ill gladly show you around, if not me i'm sure some one will show you around pretty much every one up there is wicked friendly.

    Thanks. Not quite there fitness-wise, but getting close. I'll look you up when my lungs and legs can take a beating. :D
  • 05-29-2010
    JUNGLEKID5
    yes there are some great trails near the air port.. Scott and the bike alley boys can give you the full skinny there are trails at spider gates as well.

    Cyclopod- Scott can give you the full run of the Bump... or old amc