Wompy Question

Printable View

• 12-05-2007
    thecanoe
    Wompy Question
    I'm Looking for a place to ride on Friday , without too much snow. Not looking for anything too difficult.
    Does anyone know how much snow the trails got there?
  • 12-05-2007
    LIV2RYD
    Traction is good, even with the snow. Just be careful on the ice. We have 3 inches of crust and it rides like a dream.
  • 12-05-2007
    thecanoe
    wompy
    I have Nokian studs. Should I use them?
  • 12-05-2007
    jab1362
    No snow on the cape. ToT is clear no ice.
  • 12-05-2007
    LIV2RYD
    I have Nokians too but I did not mount them. The conditions were quite good even without them.
  • 12-05-2007
    thecanoe
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jab1362
    No snow on the cape. ToT is clear no ice.

I might drive down next week. where is the best place to park?
  • 12-05-2007
    jab1362
    take exit 5 off route 6, go right on rte 149 about 1/2 mile bear right at fork. take rte 149 to new rotary bear right onto race lane go about 1 mile you will see town of barnstable conservation area sign turn right into parking lot. this is the start of tot. there is a map for the trail there and a several points on the trail. if you want more info pm me.
  • 12-05-2007
    thecanoe
    Thanks, I know exactly where you mean. I live on the Cape in the summer,but oly road ride and kayak fish. Cold weather and I turn to MTBing.
  • 12-05-2007
    jab1362
    I have a Bachetta Giro 26 too, so I see your posts on the other forum. Let me know if you come down I live on the tot so it's my backyard.
    Joe
  • 12-05-2007
    thecanoe
    We have a very active cycling club on the Cape in summer. I am the only bent so I would love to have another Killer B join us.
    I'll let you know if I can get to the cape.
  • 12-06-2007
    jeremyp111
    Where is Wompy?? I'm in NH and my riding buds and I are looking to make a road trip south. Rideable snow pack is perfect, as we all own a set of studs (Nokian Freddies Revenz for me). 3" of crust sounds just perfect!
  • 12-06-2007
    Severum
    So there is 3" of crusty snow at Wompy? This could be a bummer.
  • 12-07-2007
    thecanoe
    Just got back from 3 hours in Wompy. Rode with studded tires, but they are not needed. I was amazed at how much bare ground there was and what snow was there, wasn't slippery. The other 2 riders had regular tires.
  • 12-07-2007
    Severum
    Sweet. Thanks bro!
  • 12-07-2007
    Severum
    Any cool trails to hit in Wompy?
  • 12-07-2007
    thecanoe
    I don't know the area very well, but from the main parking lot, we rode down the paved road about 1/2 mile then took a left on a trail that had a MTBing sign. From there is was almost all singletrack with a lot of rocky trails.
    My group are all 60yrs old and intermediate riders, so we found these trails challenging and perfect for us.
  • 12-08-2007
    jab1362
    Larry,
    I rode ToT yesterday a lunchtime no snow no ice. If you come down send me pm I will be happy to guide you guys through.

Joe