Wompy?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Wompy?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Wompy?

I saw from a post earlier that Oits, and therefore probably ToT, clear of snow and ready for riding.

Anyone been through Wompy lately?? Any thoughts on conditions there??

Looks like rain south of Boston tomorrow.....should help to clear up any leftovers.

mtbr member
    i went to wamp today got in a good 5 hour ride, the northern part of the park is rideable, and parts are clear of all snow, but a lot of trails on the southern end of the park still have a good 5-6 inches, it's weird, if it dose rain tomorrow all of wamp should be good

customized
    Sep 2003
    splattered, can you be a little more clear on the trail conditions? The North end must have some snow if the southern side has 5-6 inches wouldn't you think? Was it slushy? How does the playground area look?

customized
    Sep 2003
    Any ice?

mtbr member
    R, E, N, NW, and parts of C trails are packed and good to ride all of the S trails are covered

if you head to the southern part of the park it's like it had its own personal snow storm, most of the S trails still have 4-6 inches and the only people that ventured there were
    xc skiers

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

today's ride

I headed down to Wompy from Southern NH today to get a ride in. While on route 3, still enough snow this morning at 9 to make conditions slushy with the warm temps. I bagged the idea and continued down route 3 to the ToT and had a great ride on dirt.....the tires never touched the few spots of white stuff. Good riding, met a few really nice and helpful riders (I've never ridden there before). Solid solo effort for a day trip......and will head back.

With tonites bit of rain and continued warm temps, I'll bet Wompy is in fine shape come sunday.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Must be clear now

After the mega warm up, and the copius amounts of rain...Wompy must be clear of snow by now.

Anyone been through in the past few days?? How does the soil drain....or are we talking wheel sucking mud until it refreezes in a few days??

Members who have read this thread: 0