wompatuck conditions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009

wompatuck conditions

looking to put some more miles in this weekend at wompatuck and wanted to know if any of the people who ride that place more often could tell me if it will just be a mud fest cause all the rain. i was there last sat and it was pretty dry, just a couple spots that were muddy but nothing that isn't expected. i think i got spoiled because last year the place seemed so dry for almost the whole spring and summer. i almost have the 25 miles landmine loop memorized so i can finally try to get in a groove and not worry about getting lost to much.

thanks,
    adam.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    It should be reasonably dry by the weekend. The forecast doesn't have and heavy rain in it. I would just avoid some of the bigger puddles. I'm usually surprised about how quickly the trails there dry. I plan in riding there tomorrow afternoon and Saturday.
    Vermonter - bikes, beers and skis.

mtbr member
    I'm most likely going to be hitting it up rain or shine tomorrow morning, I'll let you know

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    it is pouring buckets right now and should for the next 1 or 2 hours. i am curious what it will be like in the morning for ya.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    couldn't believe how good wompatuck was. it was soft in spots and the rocks and roots were wet which slowed me down a bit but added a fun techy element. i was super suprised that most of the water was running and clear as could be so the crossings were way better then the normal mud holes ya gotta go through. although the muddy ones were pretty bad. considering how much rain we got all week that place did great.

Members who have read this thread: 0