Willowdale & surrounding trail conditions as of 03/01/18- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Willowdale & surrounding trail conditions as of 03/01/18

Maine rider here looking for current trail conditions in the Willowdale area. How are the trails drying out? Are they legally open to ride? I am looking to come down to get on the dirt but I dont want to "be that guy". I drove through the area and it looks like most of the snow is out, but I'm not sure how quick the trails dry out.

Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    The Trails in Harold Parker, Georgetown, & Willowdale are legally open and dry as of today. Unfortunately tomorrow's rain (if we get what's forecasted) will change that for all three locations. Saturday will be rough but Sunday might be OK.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Right on, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks

banned
    Nov 2017
    Southern Maine has been dry dirt for a coupla weeks now. Yesterday and today were 100% clean bike.
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 122
Size:  70.2 KB

banned
    Nov 2017
    And rain this weekend won't hurt Southern Maine at all. We drain super well.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Lots of blowdown all over everything. A lot of hike a bike today.

banned
    Nov 2017
    Yup you guys got it way worse down in Mass. Rode this afternoon up my way and only a few sticks had come down. Stellar conditions. Dry.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by HacksawReynolds View Post
    Yup you guys got it way worse down in Mass. Rode this afternoon up my way and only a few sticks had come down. Stellar conditions. Dry.
    I'm in the central Maine area (Falmouth up to Augusta is my normal jam), where do you regularly ride in southern Maine? I am mainly looking to get out with my kids, they can handle about anything short of super technical or massive climbs (11 & 13 year old girls on single speeds). They do fine at Bradbury, Falmouth, and Falmouth West Side, and Carrabassett Valley. I appreciate the input!! Very much looking forward to getting out some soon, getting tired of the trainer.

banned
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jbell View Post
    I'm in the central Maine area (Falmouth up to Augusta is my normal jam), where do you regularly ride in southern Maine? I am mainly looking to get out with my kids, they can handle about anything short of super technical or massive climbs (11 & 13 year old girls on single speeds). They do fine at Bradbury, Falmouth, and Falmouth West Side, and Carrabassett Valley. I appreciate the input!! Very much looking forward to getting out some soon, getting tired of the trainer.
    Tons of riding around me. Pretty much all of it is raw, rugged, techy, and pretty steep. Especially up around the mountain. It's hiking trails that are awesome for MTB. And legal for MTB. Lots of rock ledge slabs, roots and climbs/descents up to about a mile long each and quite challenging. It's a fair bit different than the much more groomed Falmouth or Sugarloaf area. Much more difficult and rugged overall. A majority of our riding is unmarked, unsigned, unsanctioned. It's what makes it so great. Old skool goodness. I can give tours.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I may just have to hit you up for a show and tell this summer if you are up for it? I'm happy to supply the beer (or whatever your poison is). Looks like we have some weather moving in this week, I have been hoping for an early spring. We are just starting to see bare ground in a few spots here in the Dirty Lew, not for long from the sounds of it...

banned
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jbell View Post
    I may just have to hit you up for a show and tell this summer if you are up for it? I'm happy to supply the beer (or whatever your poison is). Looks like we have some weather moving in this week, I have been hoping for an early spring. We are just starting to see bare ground in a few spots here in the Dirty Lew, not for long from the sounds of it...
    Anytime! There's so much riding around me it's insane. And hardly anyone rides around here. Nothing better than having non destination trail networks. They hold up so much better than common zones.

The dirty Lew!!! I was up there for work a coupla weeks ago. Even if we get a foot of snow it won't last long. No ice underneath and temps in 40's combined with warm March sun. We'll be back in action in a week or less.

Riding was so good today.
Views: 60
Size:  55.2 KB
Views: 59
Size:  67.6 KB

banned
    Nov 2017
    Oh almost forgot, jbell, kennebunkport area has some truly awesome riding. Hours of it. We could meet up there sometime too. I ride pretty much daily during the week but with work I never know when I can ride till like 5 minutes before I start getting ready. Weekends are easier to make plans although I ride less on weekends than during the week.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Right on, I look forward to it!! Give me a shout anytime, (207) 740-7743

Thanks again - Jesse