willowdale help- Mtbr.com

Thread: willowdale help

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

willowdale help

I need some help........I have only been to willowdale once acouple of years ago . I road some great single track but alot more trail then single track. Could anyone help with a good single track route?

thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    bump.
    Lynn Woods:yikes:
    JRA cycles

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Where do you like to start? Let's assume Linebrook at the green gate. Head in, veer left down the cornfield and look for a right on singletrack before the culvert crossing. From here you should be able to follow singletrack for a long ways with only short stretches of woods road. Blue paint blazes on most of this. Look on Garmin Connect - there are a ton of tracks there that will help you map the area.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Smile

Ramshackle, that will get me started . cant wait
    thank you for the help - you da man

JBH
    mtbr member
    Scottbvw,

When do you normally ride? I could show you around sometime during the week.

mtbr member
    Those Garmin Connect maps help, but I feel like I'm missing a turn at Willowdale every time...
    I will do the blue blaze trails, which turn into the white arrows eventually and do that cool loop up in the northern side. But then it eventually goes back onto the main trail (read, not single track) and I lose it from there. I've followed the green blaze trail out to some side road off of Linebrook Rd. before, but can't seem to complete the singletrack loop past the green blaze trail. Is there some part I'm missing? Or is there really no singletrack over there on the east side? (yet)

Btw probably gonna ride there tomorrow afternoon if anyone wants to go. Be warned, I'm no speed demon or fitness icon. Just a weekend warrior lookin' for some more kicks. Send me a message if you want to organize something.
    I like mountains. I like seas. I do not like mountainous seas.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    True. Between 18 and 20 it's pretty much down the woods road and over the long wet causeway. One st west of 19 you can look for. Then the one a little bit south of 19 and then you come to the stuff along Ipswich Rd. that's on the map.

mtbr member
    I was missing the one between 19 and 20 it sounds like. Haven't ridden any singletrack there yet. I usually just ride on to 6, and then south to Ipswich Road and out. Time to go have a looksee!
    Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    I just rode Willowdale today, Christmas Eve. The trail was covered with an inch or two of snow. As a result, there was an awesome trail of mountain bike snow tracks to follow. Clearly a dozen-or-so other riders had been through in advance of me.

The loop combines short sections of fire road with lots of single track. Just follow the tracks whenever they veer of into the woods.

I would suggest you check it out in the next couple days. I think the snow will linger.

mtbr member
    Bloody brilliant. Didn't have a chance to make it up there that other time, had to settle for a short road ride. Thanks for the tip connolm, that'll get us all sorted out. Time to swap back to the platforms because I don't trust myself with clipless pedals on the snow/ice...

Members who have read this thread: 0