• 10-18-2010
    Cielo
    1 Attachment(s)
    "Wicked Ride of the East" at HP on 10/31
    11th Annual “Wicked Ride of the East” at Harold Parker

Only 1 week until the 11th Annual Wicked Ride of the East at Harold Parker State Forest part of the Kona Bicycle-Fox Shox MTB Adventure Series. So, come join North Shore NEMBA in riding some of the best mountain bike trails in New England. Choose a self guided 7 mile easier route or 17 mile advanced route, or one of our lead rides from North Shore chapter riders or Pro-riders Karen Eagan and Alexis Wruble. After your ride enjoy Leebo’s famous homemade chili, a BBQ by Team Schier - available for a donation to Dana Farber, and snacks provided by NSNEMBA. And, remember your ride with a "Wicked Ride" cotton T-shirt.

Trail Maps & Marked Loops for all Abilities.

Date: Sunday, October 31st, 2010

Berry Pond Recreation Area
    700 Middleton Road
    North Andover, MA 01845

Fee: $10.00 NEMBA Members and $25.00 for non-members. Free if you join NEMBA at the Event. Kids 15 and under ride free with a registered adult

Events Schedule:
    9:00 am to 11:00 am Registration
    9:00 am to 3:00 pm Course Open
    9:00 am to 3:00 pm Wicked Ride T-shirts go on sale
    9:00 am to 3:00 pm Vendors Available
    9:30 am Ride Like a Girl Skill Clinic
    9:40 am Advanced Led Ride
    9:50 am Intermediate Led Ride
    10:00 am Beginners Led Ride
    10:30 am plus More Lead Rides as Needed
    11:00 am Registration Closes
    11:00 am Free apple cider and snacks available
    11:30 am Fundraiser BBQ by Team Schier
    Leebo’s Famous Chili is served (free)
    1:30 pm Nemba’s Land Access Raffle Drawing
    3:00 pm Course Closed

Women riders! Join Highland Mountain Bike Park's Karen Eagan, along with Alexis Wruble, for this year's final skills clinic: the RIDE LIKE A GIRL SERIES' Trail Side Tips. This will be a skills ride that focuses on the technicality of terrain and how to make the most of it. Get there early because it will start at 9:30am so everyone can get back for the food and the raffle!!
    BBQ’ing Our Way to a Cure – Enjoy some great BBQ while helping to fight cancer.
    North Shore NEMBA Led Rides- Ride the trails with the local individuals who actually built many of the trails at HP. There will be beginners, intermediate, & intermediate plus led rides between 9:40 and 10:00 a.m. and as more if needed.
    Self Guided Routes- Maps will be available at the registration tent for riders wishing to ride the two marked loops.

The Cycle Loft &
    Wheel Works Bicycle Stores, will be showing off some bikes and their skilled mechanics will also be available for emergency repairs.

Likin’ Bikin’ Bike Shop from Alton, NH will be there with some great demo bikes

Sinister Bikes, a local rider owned company will be present with various new designed bikes and some shwag!!
    Scotts Bikes, a premiere bike company will be on hand with some demo bikes
    Diesel Bikes, A local group of free-riders will be showing their locally produced movies and giving away shwag!!

Exposure Lights, will be on location showing off their technologically advanced riding lights.
    SeaSucker Racks, Vacuum mounted bike racks
    NRG Bars will be giving away sample of their tasty healthy bars.
    Essex County Greenbelt Association, a nonprofit land trust that has conserved nearly 13,000 acres of land in Essex County and asset to the mountain biking community.

NEMBA's Land Access Mega Raffle! DRAWING: OCTOBER 31st -- YOU DON'T NEED TO BE PRESENT TO WIN!
    This is it, folks, we'll be doing the drawing for a custom carbon Scott Genius dualie and a slew of incredible prizes from Mavic, Fox Racing Shox, Exposure Lights, Backcountry Excursions of Maine, and Thule.

First Aid & Emergency Issues: Basic First Aid will be available at the NEMBA Mountain Bike Patrol tent.

Directions:
    From 495 -Exit 42a go East on Rte 114 about 5.5 miles, turn right at Harold Parker Rd, turn right at Middleton Rd, mile to Berry Pond gate on Left.
    From 95 – Go West on Rte 114 about 6.5 miles, turn left at Harold Parker Rd, turn right at Middleton Rd, mile to Berry Pond gate on Left.
    From 93 – Exit 41 to Rte 125 towards Andover/North Andover for about 2.7 miles. Turn right at Stop lights at Harold Parker Rd (near State Police). Follow road to the end. Turn left at Jenkins Rd. At next intersection, turn right at Salem St. Berry Pond Rec Area will be on your right just after the bridge.

• 10-18-2010
    jrob1775
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cielo
    Wicked Ride of the East at Harold Parker SP on October 31st, 2010

This looks like a good ride. I have some friends that did it last year and had a blast. I'll be there!!:thumbsup:
  • 10-18-2010
    Tinshield
    I hope it's another cream puff course like last year.
  • 10-25-2010
    boudy
    Is the course suitable for SS rigid?
  • 10-25-2010
    ramshackle
    You can SS at HP but not done often I suspect. Mostly very lumpy semi-tech singletrack. Hard for me to picture without full sus, But come and prove me wrong. If you do the whole advanced loop rigid SS, you deserve some sort of award.
  • 10-25-2010
    redwarrior
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ramshackle
    You can SS at HP but not done often I suspect. Mostly very lumpy semi-tech singletrack. Hard for me to picture without full sus, But come and prove me wrong. If you do the whole advanced loop rigid SS, you deserve some sort of award.

Sounds like my kind of ride. Guess I'm going to have to figure out a way to fit this one in.
  • 10-25-2010
    DAVID J
    will the advanced-led ride be any different from the advanced marked loop?
  • 10-26-2010
    Cielo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVID J
    will the advanced-led ride be any different from the advanced marked loop?

Hey DJ

The advanced ride will be the same as the marked course and cover everything. It's more for people that want to ride with others and/or not deal with following arrows.

Hope to see you Sunday

Steve
  • 10-26-2010
    hado_pv
    Quote:

Originally Posted by redwarrior
    Sounds like my kind of ride. Guess I'm going to have to figure out a way to fit this one in.

You need a ride out Kris?
  • 10-26-2010
    DAVID J
    Cool. I'll be rolling out at 9,got the halloween festivities all afternoon.
  • 10-26-2010
    woodsguy
    I'm planning on making it to this event this year. I've never been to HP but I hear good things.

Anyone want to car pool from Central MA? I'll be coming from Sutton so we could meet at the 90/20/146 Park and Ride. It's about an hour from there so meet at 8am? I have room for 3 more w/ bikes. Map

Another option is the Park and Ride at 90/9 in Framingham. We could leave there at 8:15am. Map

Kevin
    Blue Honda CRV
    Rootbeer Cannondale Prophet
  • 10-26-2010
    redwarrior
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hado_pv
    You need a ride out Kris?

Thanks, H, it's more of a scheduling issue at this point. If I can figure it out, I'll let you know. I'd really like to ride out there... I think Mr. Rossi is considering making the trip as well, but I'm not sure.
  • 10-26-2010
    basso4735
    Is there a map for the trail that will be used for the ride? I'm too far away to make it this year, but I rode HP all summer and I'm curious what route you guys are doing if it changed at all.
  • 10-27-2010
    CRAZY FRED
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ramshackle

You can ride ANYWHERE SS and rigid.........CF.
  • 10-29-2010
    redwarrior
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED
    You can ride ANYWHERE SS and rigid.........CF.

Agreed!
  • 10-29-2010
    ramshackle
    I need to admit that I'm biased toward suspension of some sort for HP but I'm old and have arthritis. Yesterday at HP I ran into a singlespeed rider and asked his opinion of how well HP rides on a SS. He indicated that it's a perfect place for SS. So all singlespeeders come on out and have a good time. Hope to see you there CF.
  • 10-30-2010
    skiierx
    Smoking up the pork shoulder right now for the pulled pork sandwiches. Come see us over at the BBQing for a cure tent! All proceeds raised go to the Dana Farber Cancer Institute!

JR
  • 10-31-2010
    Self Motivated
    That there was arsesome!!
    Great riding at Harold State. Some excellent techy terrain right on the ragged edge - all rideable, but ya had to keep your game on.

Free chili at the end was great - laced with chourico, Mmm.. (that should be a stripper name)

Additionally the BBQ that has been showing up at these events is killer - worth every bit of the measly $10 donation. Speaking of BBQ - and keeping things focused: Why is pork shoulder called pork butt?

See you next year - I hope be wearing something sexy and tight (that ain't lycra) to further increase arsesomeness.
  • 11-01-2010
    Plummit
    The wicked ride rocked! Fantastic event put on by NEMBA. Well marked for all ability levels and very organized. The amount of trail work they've put into HP really shows, and the whole day was first class.

What a great way to spend Halloween.
  • 11-01-2010
    woodsguy
    Great event! Short summary and gps track here.
  • 11-01-2010
    tic tac
    Thank you north shore nemba,Awesome day great trails good times,well worth the two hour drive.