• 11-03-2011
    dirtyjack
    The Wicked Ride is ON
    We're back live

Wicked Ride of the East
  • 11-04-2011
    Cielo
    Hey Everyone,

The 12th Annual Wicked Ride of the East rides on this Sunday 11/6 at Harold Parker State Park.

We rode most of the loops last night and the conditions are AMAZING....No snow, just a dusting of leaves, and trails have been cleared of the debris. Compared to other Wicked Ride with heavy rain a day or two before, this years conditions could be the BEST EVER !!!!!!

Come to HP this Sunday to support biking, NEMBA, Essex County Greenbelt, Tompson Street, Bruce & Tom's and to enjoy a beautiful day !!!!

If you can't make the ride but want to support the above, PM me and we can make arrangements to do so.

For Details see: Wicked Ride of the East

Thanks
    Steve
    WR Guy
  • 11-04-2011
    biggrumble
    Is there anyone looking to carpool from Cambridge?
  • 11-04-2011
    NicoleB
    So, nothing is wet? i've never been to HP before. i also havnt been riding terribly long, and i was told HP is technical at times. i'm still willing to ride it, but maybe with one other person, (not the group). are the loops marked out so anyone can put together a ride? sorry, i dont know much about it!
  • 11-04-2011
    leeboh
    Yes there are some technical, rocky ups and downs. There will be arrowed loops for all abilities. Just follow the colored arrows. The novice loop consists of mostly fire roads and some gentle singletrack. The advanced loop should be in the 15 to 18 mile range . There will be plenty of bail out points for riders looking for shorter distances. As well as some hero loops too.
  • 11-04-2011
    NicoleB
    i've been on a novice ride before (not at HP) and it was way too easy. i'm probably closer to intermediate, but some people's idea of intermediate is different than others.
  • 11-04-2011
    rogueho
    I`d suggest you do the west side loop, Much mellower than the east.Probably 8 or 9 miles
    Grab a map at registration & have someone show you how to shortcut to the west side
    There`s also led rides at the intermediate level. Check the flyer for times.
  • 11-05-2011
    Scott O
    Anybody know if there's any water stops on the long loop? Thanks.
  • 11-05-2011
    ramshackle
    Leaf blower has been through about 75% of the advanced route. Could be the best trail conditions I've ever seen at HP.

We have sometimes had water stops, not sure we will get it together tomorrow. Best to bring a little extra water and energy replenishment if you think you will need it.

Stop by the Essex County Greenbelt tent and find out what the Tompson St. Gateway land purchase project (where event proceeds will go) is all about, and how to offer additional support for this important initiative. Any individual contributions at the event will be matched 1:1 by an anonymous donor.
  • 11-05-2011
    ooctrl
    Great conditions indeed at HP today. I road almost all of the advanced loop (pink arrows) until calling it a day after 2.5 hours. It is a great loop that hits a lot of what HP is all about. I'll be back tomorrow to ride it again. Anyone know how long the advanced loop is? I'd be interested in knowing.
  • 11-05-2011
    tic tac
    A bunch of us coming up from the cape tomorrow, The guys would like a group ride advanced to intermediate level leaning more towards the intermediate. The girls would like beginner to intermediate 18-20 mile'ish. Love this event.... been the last 4 of 5, love to support it, so psyched its on.
  • 11-05-2011
    Scott O
    Thanks for the info. I've got some questions about the agenda. I'm not a girl but I'd like to know when the 'Ride like a Girl' ride goes off. I'm a bit confused by all of the below, ie, if all level rides start at 9:45, then how does the beginner/intermediate ride start at 10:45? Thanks everyone for putting this on and getting the trails ready.

9:30 am Ride Like a Girl Ride (pre-register)

9:30 am to 10:45am Group Rides Organized - "Ride with Others"

9:45 am All Level Rides will Start

10:45 am Beginner & Intermediate Led Rides Start
  • 11-05-2011
    Cielo
    Hey Scotty-o

Ride Like A girl is run by Karen from Highland???

Ride With Others - New this year, not a led ride but we'll try and group riders interested with other riders for the self guided tour.

9:45 ride - the word "Led" was missing from the website??

10:45 ride - Led ride for beginners and Intermediate only-advanced ride not offered because of time constrants.

If you have any other questions just see us at the ride

Steve

there's 2 different led ride times but the later excludes
    an advanced ride due to time restrictions.

Hope that helps
  • 11-06-2011
    ProjectDan35
    3 Attachment(s)
    What a fantastic ride this was!

Anyone have pics? These are the only ones I snapped.

I rode the Advanced loop (20) miles. Fabulous!

Thanks everyone for cleaning up after the Nor'Easter!
  • 11-06-2011
    simian23
    Can't believe how much effort NSNEMBA threw into the trails this week. Storm? What storm - they actually blew the leaves off 20 miles of singletrack. Normally not a good thing to do but awesome to keep people on trail and follow the breadcrumbs home. HUGE props to the organizers. I freaking love this park.
  • 11-06-2011
    Scott O
    Thanks to everyone that helped put this on - great job. There were a few long stretches of fire roads/paved stuff, but other than that, HP is relentless. I am tired! Those ponds/swamps were looking pretty sweet in the sun - perfect weather. Thanks to the Wheelworks tent with some headset help. See you next year.
  • 11-07-2011
    Plummit
    HUGE props to Nemba for making this happen in light of the storm. They put in a massive amount of work to bring HP back into rideable shape. Just an awesome day of riding. Great stuff and looking forward to next year!
  • 11-07-2011
    rileyjamesb
    Thanks again, all!
    What a perfect day! I rode the advanced loop, and I think I'll ride it again next week!

Thanks to the organizers.
  • 11-07-2011
    biggrumble
    You wouldn't happen to have a map with the trails used for the course marked out, would you?
  • 11-07-2011
    ProjectDan35
    Crap. I don't. We stuck it in a friends Camelbak.
  • 11-08-2011
    woodsguy
    Check out Garmin Connect. If that link doesn't work here is one track.