Where to ride?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Where to ride?

Paper Mill Aleworks

Where to ride?

Looking for some advice on where to do some riding this week up along Eastern Mass.
    I'm working between the Boston, Lexington, and Stoneham areas through Thursday, and will have afternoons to ride for a few hours.
    Looking for XC trails, ideally some flowing singletrack.

If anyone has some suggestions, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Cheers.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JFryauff
    Looking for some advice on where to do some riding this week up along Eastern Mass.
    I'm working between the Boston, Lexington, and Stoneham areas through Thursday, and will have afternoons to ride for a few hours.
    Looking for XC trails, ideally some flowing singletrack.

If anyone has some suggestions, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Cheers.
    Nearest flowy, not-too-techy singletrack for this area is probably Private Reserve AKA Burlington Landlocked Parcel, as well as Russell Mill and on the smaller side, Cutler Park. Search this forum for more info about these, or pm me if you want. There are other places, but they're mostly either more technical and rocky or more doubletrack than single.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    When in Stoneham, hit up the Fells, got to Fellsbiker.com for maps and info. Have fun.
    Lynn Woods:yikes:
    JRA cycles

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Thanks, the information is greatly appreciated!
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

mtbr member
    Willowdale State Forest is 26 minutes from Stoneham and is one of the most flowy places i've been.

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Thanks again for all the suggestions; I've had a great time so far.

Went to Fells yesterday afternoon for a few hours, which was a lot of fun, but I definitely could have spent more time there.

Didn't have a huge amount of time today, so I hit up Burlington Landlocked...what a blast! Smaller place, but super fun place to play around. I rode for about 1.5 hours before my chain exploded, and I had to make a 2 mile walk of shame back to the car

Going to try and get the chain issue fixed tonight, and if the weather holds tomorrow, get up to Willowdale.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Go to JRA to get your chain fixed, Medford ma if you can make it over that way, very close to the fells.
    DEFINATELY printout a map for Willowdale, easy to get lost.
    HAve fun.
    Lynn Woods:yikes:
    JRA cycles

mtbr member
    I'll second Willowdale for the flowy stuff and JRA for the chain.

Members who have read this thread: 0