Where in HP?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Where in HP?

TAJ
    mtbr member

Where in HP?

I rode HP yesterday before the showers started. It was nice, however I seem to finding the same trails. I usaully start from the Jenkings road parking area. Don't get me wrong the trails that leave right out of that parking lot are nice. But are there more? The map only shows main trails.

customized
    Sep 2003
    Many more trails. Park at the first lot on left coming from Rt 125 and explore... then you can connect the two sets together for what I'd think would be up to a 20 mile ride. There are trails all over the place in there, I learned with a good guide... still learning after 15-20 trips there.

mtbr member
    Here is a map of the Wicked Ride Of The East that is held at HP. The map is from 2005 so it is not perfect but it is a good place to start.

http://users.primushost.com/~dwstr/hp/wicked05map.pdf

mtbr member
    thanks for posting that map...I've been riding HP for the past 3 years now - but mainly sticking to the loop around the Brackett Pond area.

I've only started in the Jenkins Road parking lot once, but lost faith pretty quickly probably due to me being stupid by not really being able to follow the trails.

So yeah...if anyone has any additional maps...or even personal GPS-routes, please post them!! ;-)

TAJ
    mtbr member

Thanks for the pic.

What kind of terrain does that course have? Also, do they still run that event?

mtbr member
    They still have this at HP

http://www.mtbadventureseries.org/mt...wickedride.htm

as well as some at other areas. What type of trail? Singletrack, fire roads, technical, not so technical. I don't know about big drops as I don't look for that.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Been riding HP for a few years. It took me at least a dozen rides on my own to start knowing the layout of the place--both west and east of Jenkins Rd. Give yourself plenty of daylight if you go explore alone. It's easier to get lost on the west side at first. East of Jenkins, there's lots of fireroads arranged in like a "W" so much of the singletrack will come out on parts of it. I consider the trails moderately technical.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    More better HP maps here The Wicked Ride map is not easy to follow if you don't know the place, but does give some idea of how you might string things together. There is some small yellow diamond blazing on the Salem Pond loop and the Bay Circuit white rectangle blazing from out by 114 to Berry Pond Rd. and across Jenkins that might help the first few times. Best is to tag along with someone who knows the place, usually easy to do from the Jenkins lot.

Vaginatarian
    Oct 2005
    got most of the singletrack in gps format if anyone wants it or a BMP (picture) format send me a PM as the file is too big for here

Members who have read this thread: 0