What lift served mountain is best for me?- Mtbr.com

Jul 2008

What lift served mountain is best for me?

Me and some riding buddies want to make a day trip up north (from MA) to do some riding. I have been looking into several places such as Killington, Sugarbush, Attatash, Waterville valley, Highland park. I would say our collective skill level is a low to mid intermediate. Our bikes are an iron horse 6 point, rocky mountain slayer sxc, gary fisher hi fi, trek fuel. We normally wouldn't attempt a jump or drop over 4'. I guess I'm looking for some advice on the best place for us to go to experience the most non-expert trails. I have read plenty about people riding this trail or that one and how great it was but I don't know that rider's skill level. Thanks ahead of time for any information and suggestions.

Wiz
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Idea! Bretton Woods?

Bretton Woods appears to have some skills friendly stuff (I have not been). Then you could move up to Sunday River & Attitash if you want to push your skills up a level or three (45mins to 1hr from BW). Then, if all goes well , you could hit up Highland On your way home. My 1st gravity rig is just built, so I'll be doing something like this loop...soon.

Dec 2006
    Bretton Woods is excellent for beginner downhill. They have easy to intermediate jumps and drops on some trails. They improve week by week

Wiz
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbiker91
    Bretton Woods is excellent for beginner downhill. They have easy to intermediate jumps and drops on some trails. They improve week by week
    Thanks a lot! Sounds like BW is on the agenda - w/base camp just down the road a piece...Nice!

I just noticed OP was asking for a day-trip & my suggested loop route was more geared toward a long weekend.

Members who have read this thread: 0