Wendell Trail Work day- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Wendell Trail Work day

Hey All,

Our first trail work day of the season will be at Wendell April 20 (SUNDAY) at 8:00am. Yeah, that's early, but It leaves time for riding should conditions permit.

We'll meet at the Park Head Quarters on Montague Rd (Main Entrance)

Anyway, the trail day will be run by Mark Courtemanche assisted by Harold Green and Jason Duncan-these three guys have built and maintained almost all of the trails up in wendell-so come on out and help get these trails ready to ride-and meet the guys behind the trails!

Bring work gloves, cutting tools if you got them, rakes are always welcome. I'd also bring water and something to eat (yeah, I know some chapters treat trail work days as a big picnic--sorry, but we're kind of into the work hard, makes the trails great and ride them trail work day.

Though, hopefully someone will bring coffee and bagels.
    For more info-or just to let us know you're coming please contact Mark Courtemanche at [email protected]. Or contact me-Liam O'Brien at [email protected]

If we get a big enough crew, we can probably get the trails cleaned in a day and the next Wendell work day can focus exclusively on NEW TRAIL CONSTRUCTION (wouldn't that be nice).

So come on out and get that trail work obligation off your chest!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Got a good look at the trails today-there's work to do for sure, but a good turn out will really get it done in a hurry.

Also, we started scouting out a new trail that could really be great...stay tunes.

See ya Sunday

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Time Change!!!

TIME CHANGE!

The new strating time is 8:30am at wendell-That's 8:30 this sunday morning-enjoy an extra cup coffee.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Sorry for the thread jack, but what are the trails like at Wendell? I have never been there. Are there any freeride features and stuff to mess around on? I do most of my riding at Vietnam in case anyone has ridden both and can give me a little comparison.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Hey man,

I don't mind the wendell questions-just start another thread and put them there.

remember-New Time 8:30am on Sunday.

For the record-it's not like Vietnam at all. Both riding areas are great-but Wendell isn't a freeride destination-great rugged terrain, but not stunty-and different topographies create a different feel.

mtbr member
    I'll be there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperbMan
    Hey man,

I don't mind the wendell questions-just start another thread and put them there.

remember-New Time 8:30am on Sunday.

For the record-it's not like Vietnam at all. Both riding areas are great-but Wendell isn't a freeride destination-great rugged terrain, but not stunty-and different topographies create a different feel.
    Agreed. A friend took me there last summer. It's mostly burly singletrack but the trails we rode had a number of interesting rock formations including some healthy roll-down and drop options. It's a good mix and I can't wait to go back.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Got a ride in at Wendell on Saturday. Great work out there everyone who maintains and supports that system.

mtbr member
    Hey, let's put together another one of these.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    What do you have in mind Chaz??? a ride or a work day?

Jason has been getting out on mon, tues and wednesday doing some work here and there.

sent you an email about this weekend...

Liam

Members who have read this thread: 0