Wendell Trail building class- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Wendell Trail building class

Im having trouble finding where to sign up. Looked on the NEMBA site,unless Im missing something obvious,I dont see it. Anyone have information? Thanks ,Harry

mtbr member
    Bump, as I'm interested in building trails there too (especially out on Bear mtn)
    How much snow is still there? 10 feet?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Harry and Smelly,

Sorry-harry had posted this question on the nemba forums as well and it was answered there-there is a link on the nemba.org page to the wendell trail school.

We can thank the efforts of Harold Green (BOD Pres of nemba) for getting the trail school to Wendell (it was a big deal just getting it out of the eastern part of MA!!)

There's still snow on the trails--probably about 6-8 inches of very dense snow/ ice (which has made for the best tree skiing season New England has seen in a long, long time).

FWIW-We're having our first trail work day on April 20th at wendell-mostly a clean-up day (if the snow is mostly gone by then that is).

AND-smelly you might be interested in this-Harold and I are hitting the woods on monday ast Wendell to scout out the terrain of a new trail-you're more than welcome to join us.

Just drop me a line and let me know. Ideally-we'll have two new trails laid out by the time of the trail school (May 17-18) so some of the schools efforts can go towards building new trails. And yes, we've really started to eye some great lines on the bear mountain side that I think will particularly appeal to you, smelly and your crew.

Liam

mtbr member
    So who else is going to this?

Members who have read this thread: 0