Wednesday Mornings at Wendell rides.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Wednesday Mornings at Wendell rides.

Tomorrow morning at 10am I'll be at Wendell SF (in Wendell MA) looking to ride. Until the snow flies I'm going to make this a weekly thing. If anyone wants to join me for all or part of the ride (there are plenty of bail out points for the time restricted)-let me know or just meet me at the Park HQ on Montague Rd (the usual spot right by the main entrance).

Hope to see some of you there.

Oh-ride info..hmmm. Well, I'll say it's solid intermediate/advanced rugged xc terrain (or what I like to call double Xc terrain)-I'd like to keep a steady (but not blistering) pace.

Liam

OH-I should also add that 2/3 of the trails here were blown off/ raked yesterday (!!) and are LEAF-FREE!!! The Nipmuck, the Hannah, the Mormon Hollow included. If you're getting tired of the leaf slip and slosh-come check out wendell.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Liam,
    I cannot make the ride, but am planning to hit Wendell this weekend. Thank you for clearing the leaves! Mucho appreciated!!

Jason

person
    I remember hearing about the mother of all trails (MOAT) being almost done not too long ago, if it its done now where is the trail head for it.
    My epiglottis is full of bees!

Slapheadmofo
    EPhatch

mtbr member

Morman Hollow Return - AKA MOAT

On Baker Rd about 100 yards down from the intersection of the Hannah. There is a horizontal tape strung from tree to tree as a trail marker on your left.

Trail brings you out at the lower end of the Hannah. Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    The way to really make it the MOAT is to ride it in conjunction with the Hannah Swarton (they connect at the bottom) for one massive loop to and from baker rd--clean them both, consecutively, no stops, dabs or hesitations-you can lay claim to being a mountain biker of superior quality!

Yesterday's ride was pretty great-H, after you left, Me and Matt B. continued to ride Bob is Fat, Maple Leaf, Nipmuck and Baker Rd without stop, atop baker Rd-Matt bid farewell and I went on to ride the hannah and then up Jerusalem hill and down lower lookout trail-damn near perfect wendell loop IMHO!

Riding this weekend???
    Liam

Oct 2007
    Liam, H,
    when did MOAT come out?????
    create and build and not even lear nicknames?
    Mac,

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    mark...Mother Of All Trails (MOAT)...not the official nickname or anything like that-just something gleaned from this thread. Your weren't left out of anything, man

Oct 2007
    that was not where I was goiing but ok!
    just had not heard it and did not know the meaning.
    Riding this weekend?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Morman Hollow Trail

I hit Wendell SF on Sunday - it was amazing w/o leaves! Thanks Liam and Co. The Morman Hollow trail is really coming into shape quite nicely! It will be out of control good come June.

Jason

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I'm going to tak a fast crew there tomorrow-but now I need get a backpack SNOWBLOWER to compliment my leaf blower-they got two inches there today!

Thanks for the props., pulsepro--we do try please!

GW and Rich have had the nemba leafblower for a few weeks now-I would hope they have cleaned off some of Earl's, Batch, or the DAR by now??? Have they???

mtbr member
    Negative on clearing batchelor st. Actually, I was thinking of trying to find a blower to clear off some of those trails this coming Saturday, but all this sogginess might impede that.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    hmmmm-well, they've hopefully put that blower to use somewhere (batch does get enough traffic to pack the leaves down pretty well...) Thanks for the lowdown---

Gets me thinking, we ought to maintain a thread here to keep everyone posted on trail conditions and problems throughout the Valley.

Had a real good one at snowy wendell today---did some exploration to the little know Bear Mountain side--let me just say---some big things could be in the works---like the best terrain Wendell has yet to be tapped--but will.

Liam

Members who have read this thread: 0