The Waltham Rail "Trail"- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

The Waltham Rail "Trail"

My tale of setting out last weekend to check out the eastern end of the Mass Central Rail Trail:

Nor'Easter : The Waltham Rail Trail

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    good write up! while waiting outside for a meal to be prepared at Demos restaurant on Lexington St a couple of weeks ago, I spotted the train tracks of which you speak, right across from the Police Station. never knew they were there, and never thought they could connect to the rail trail you were writing about. the rail trail, which is highly ridable, can be picked up on the other side of town from Jones Rd (a very short street) off of Main St (Rt. 117). I learned about it from this forum. you can move really fast on that trail - it's perfectly flat and level. it leads to an extensive network of trails in the woods in Weston if you care to deviate from the straight and narrow rail trail.

let me know if you'd like to ride it some time - would be happy to show you!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by overmodulated View Post
    good write up! while waiting outside for a meal to be prepared at Demos restaurant on Lexington St a couple of weeks ago, I spotted the train tracks of which you speak, right across from the Police Station. never knew they were there, and never thought they could connect to the rail trail you were writing about. the rail trail, which is highly ridable, can be picked up on the other side of town from Jones Rd (a very short street) off of Main St (Rt. 117). I learned about it from this forum. you can move really fast on that trail - it's perfectly flat and level. it leads to an extensive network of trails in the woods in Weston if you care to deviate from the straight and narrow rail trail.

let me know if you'd like to ride it some time - would be happy to show you!
    tueday or Thursday this week would be great for a Weston tour! 6pm.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    this week I'll have to travel for work so it's no good for me - sorry. tomorrow morning I'll take a spin. and next weekend as well.