Vietnam. Where is all the cool stuff?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Vietnam. Where is all the cool stuff?

Recently me and some buds did a road trip up to Vietnam and rode for a few hours. We did the ole' park at Wendy's and ride in at the bottom of the power lines. We hit the new stuff surrounding NEMBA Square and that stuff rocked. We ended up doing that stuff over and over because we weren't sure where any other stuff was. We downloaded the map but we didn't want to get lost on a never ending XC trail. We've been there a few times over the past few years but we can never find a good flow because there are so many short trails that we have to stop and decide on. What are some must hit trails the next time we go? We're looking for "All Mountain/light freeride" trails and/or rugged flowing XC trails. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Oct 2007
    i ride Vietnam by direction rather than by trail, which i'm sure is silly to more experienced riders, but works for me and my cohorts. We'll get ourselves good and in the park, then decide to take all lefts or all rights until we're lost, then we'll head north until we hit the traintracks and ride out when we're done. keeps the flow up, changes the terrain consistently, the group stays together.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Its one of those things , You need to go with some one who knows where they are going.

you can also try the Trails on between the Power lines and 495 for some "rough" stuff
    I'm Better known as Splat

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I'm going to echo Splat or 'Circusjunk" (WTF?) and recommend riding there with someone who knows where they're going. Try posting on NEMBA's site or maybe bustedspoke next time you want to ride and you'll probably find your guide. Splat is the man for tours in 'nam, but there's a lot o' people who ride there regularly (including me) and know the place well.

Dave

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Double postin' dunce...
    Last edited by dirtrider2; 11-29-2007 at 01:27 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    There is a group that goes out from Wendys just about every sunday morning around 9am. Good group for a laid back tour...plenty of stops to session stuff.
    rise above

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info guys. We had a tour guide for our last ride but she bagged out at the last minute.

Members who have read this thread: 0