Vietnam this weekend

Printable View

• 07-23-2008
    impdude
    Vietnam this weekend
    I've been riding around the Boston area, mostly north, since 98 or 99. It's my favorite place in the USA to ride, so many options. I've never been to Vietnam cause it's quite a drive from were I stay in Peabody. Mostly ride Lynn Woods and north to Dogtown and NH. My friend who lives here never wants to drive down to Vietnam cause it's a long way to go and he thinks it would hard to learn his way around Vietnam in a trip or two a year. If I could hook up with someone that rides there and is willing to show us around this weekend I think I might be able to talk him into making the trip. He's a sport class XC racer and we are both in our eary 50s. I'm a little slower than him because I have a bigger bike (my story and I'm sticking to it). We both like techy stuff he hucks I roll.
  • 07-23-2008
    strangeland2
    The next few week ends are bad timing but otherwise PM Circusjunk. Vietnam is almost literally his backyard hes always up for doing tours and rides with a group that rides there a couple times a week.
  • 07-23-2008
    impdude
    Thanx Strange
  • 07-23-2008
    agabriel
    I went there last weekend with my buddies for the first time. Go in where NEMBA suggests and back track to the power lines. They have signage up there and trail markers (with skiing type markers), etc... Its a good ride, just go and explore. If your going to go over the weekend I would suggest parking in the lot just to the righ of Wendys.

Anthony
  • 07-24-2008
    impdude
    Thanx Anthony, my friend bailed for Sat. so I might just go myself.
  • 07-24-2008
    agabriel
    I'd join you but the Harpoon BBQ fest is this weekend up in VT. Woohoo good BBQ!
  • 07-24-2008
    impdude
    Have a good time. You'll have to ride that BBQ off sometime.
  • 07-24-2008
    agabriel
    That starts monday after work, it'll be worth it.
  • 07-24-2008
    strangeland2
    A link to a vietnam saturday thread (if its not already you)

http://www.nemba.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21895
  • 07-25-2008
    impdude
    Thanx Strange. It's not me so I signed up.