Vietnam Best Trails??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Vietnam Best Trails??

Heading up to Boston tomorrow with a pit-stop at Nam. I've been waiting years for a taste of it. I'll have 2-3 hours. I have the trail map downloaded. What are the can't miss trails and/or routes?

Thx in advance!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Blackstone Valley NEMBA - Chapter News

It's a little tough to find you way around 'Nam on your first trip - especially solo. That said, assuming you are looking for the built-up stuff, head up cell tower hill and ride the trail in red marked "DLS" counter-clockwise. Then head over to where "1 NEMBA Square" is indicated on the map. There's two more, mostly downhill trails in that general area called Rubber Stamp and C4. (C4 is very close to the power lines).

If you want a nice techy-xc loop starting from 1 Nemba square, go past the down-n-up turn turn left. Take the next right going down 3 ledges, through 3 ledges rock garden, by the firewall and little Moab. Head across the power lines to the trail along side 495 going towards where "vista" is labelled on the map. There's a short $hitty hill climb you will probably have to walk up, but up top take the first left at the junction and continue uphill. At the next junction, turn right. From here you can follow any of these trails, but generally, stick to the obvious main trail. This will eventually bring you back out on the power lines. Follow the trail straight across the power lines and it will bring you back to the start of DLS where you began your ride.

None of the actual trails are labeled or marked in real life with the names the map indicates. You'll need to keep your map handy and guess your way around.

As a first time 'Nam rider, don't try and see it all in your 2-3 hour window. There's 20 miles of trails there, and some of them will take you a long way from where you want to be.

mtbr member
    Thanks dude. Sounds like the south end of the park is the spot I'll explore first. I'll be out there around noon if anyone wants to take an extended lunch break.

Is Wendy's the place to park? I heard there is also a lot near the rail trail?

Thanks again

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Yeah the lot behind wendys is the best place. Just park there, cut through to the paved bike path and ride along it. Cross the street and through the gate just past the powerlines. Berkshire riders trail directions are solid. I'd add that the trails between 495 and the powerlines are pretty fun too with some built stunts.

Members who have read this thread: 0