Vietnam- Mtbr.com

Thread: Vietnam

mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Vietnam

I have been riding at Harold Parker for the past few years as it is in my back yard but would like to explore Vietnam. Anyone willing to show me some trails and lines? Or have recommendations as to where to go?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Have you ever been there? I found where to park one day, but didn't have my bike, so only walked a little ways on the trails. Looked nice, I wasn't on any expert level trail, which I hear they have, or maybe they just have nice drops? if you want some map coordinates or a street address I can help. Let me know.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by molsen11 View Post
    I have been riding at Harold Parker for the past few years as it is in my back yard but would like to explore Vietnam. Anyone willing to show me some trails and lines? Or have recommendations as to where to go?
    http://www.bvnemba.org/NEMBA_Vietnam_Area_Map_final.pdf

Park at the Adams Street lot or bike path lot on Rte. 85 and just go out and explore. Worst case scenario is you get a little lost, and have to go back the way you came. If you have a gps app on your phone that uses OpenCycle maps, all of the trails in the BVNamba map are also there.

If you're looking to do the freeride stuff, generally you can park behind Wendy's by Dilla street. Most Wed-Thurs evenings and Sat/Sun mornings there will be plenty of people there you can join. If not, follow the bike path back under 495, and turn right on the cart road that goes up to the cell towers. (Look for a gate - don't take the cart road on the power lines). Follow it uphill to the first left and take that trail. At the top of the hill go downhill for 100' and take the trail on the left. If you reach the power lines, you missed it. There's a kiosk on this trail that shows the map linked above and where you are in relation. (Unless someone stole the map).