Viet Nam- Mtbr.com

Thread: Viet Nam

mtbr member

Viet Nam

My crew is looking to ride Viet Nam in a week or so. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to park, and any suggestions on how to best sample the area? Although we're more XC than AM, we like to jackass a little.
    SantaCruz Tallboy C
    SantaCruz Solo C
    Specialized Fatboy
    Trek Madone 8
    Kestrel RT 700
    Lemond Zurich

mtbr member
    park behind wendy's on 85 ride along the road an go up past the gate onto the p-lines and just go, at the top of the p-lines is most of the nemba land with alot of short trails such as DLS, rubber stamp, etc...
    Full time rider part time racer...

See my adventures here..

https://www.instagram.com/projectnortheast/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by manchvegas View Post
    park behind wendy's on 85 ride along the road an go up past the gate onto the p-lines and just go, at the top of the p-lines is most of the nemba land with alot of short trails such as DLS, rubber stamp, etc...
    Thanks.

Are the trails marked, and is there any indication when you are leaving NEMBA land onto private property?

Also, are you saying park in the Wendy's parking lot? (I would think they would not approve).
    SantaCruz Tallboy C
    SantaCruz Solo C
    Specialized Fatboy
    Trek Madone 8
    Kestrel RT 700
    Lemond Zurich

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyjack View Post
    Are the trails marked, and is there any indication when you are leaving NEMBA land onto private property?
    Nope. NEMBA property only accounts for ~47acres. Any of the signed trails are on NEMBA property. Between GPS and the powerlines you won't get lost. There is minimal trail south of the power lines (still worth riding) so spend most of your time north of there. This doesn't show everything but quite a bit of the trail network. Again, none is marked/signed names are simply what locals call trails https://www.bvnemba.org/images/vietn...346_x_4489.jpg.

Also, are you saying park in the Wendy's parking lot? (I would think they would not approve).
    Park behind Wendy's 42.162686,-71.509546 - Google Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    in fact for trail type bikes I am tired of QR roady shite in general. Lets move on.

the test dummy
    splat to the white phone splat!!!!!
    well i think he's circusjunk on this site but he would most likely be glad to give a tour. i email him this thread for you. normally i would show you around but i accidentally amputated my fingers with a garage door, so im out for the rest of the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Contact me on the side ( goeller AT gmail DOT com ) I can probably give you a tour , and even use the super special parking. with a Fire in the fire pit after ride with some adult Beverages.
    I'm Better known as Splat

mtbr member
    Thanks for all the input. We're gonna give it a shot on Sunday around 8:30. We'll just use the map and go explore.

If you're out there, say hello. We should be fairly conspicuous riding Tallboys, hehe.
    SantaCruz Tallboy C
    SantaCruz Solo C
    Specialized Fatboy
    Trek Madone 8
    Kestrel RT 700
    Lemond Zurich

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I'm surprised that people are still parking at Wendy's. There's a new parking lot on 85 at the end of the bike path, north of 495.

It allows you to avoid riding on 85, which is ugly. Admittedly, you have to find a trail head from the bike path, and find the way to the main trails, but it is much more pleasant.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    well , I am riding with a group at 9am Sunday behind Wendy's

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rileyjamesb View Post
    I'm surprised that people are still parking at Wendy's. There's a new parking lot on 85 at the end of the bike path, north of 495.

It allows you to avoid riding on 85, which is ugly. Admittedly, you have to find a trail head from the bike path, and find the way to the main trails, but it is much more pleasant.
    Can you show it on a map? I'd much prefer to not have to ride the road.
    SantaCruz Tallboy C
    SantaCruz Solo C
    Specialized Fatboy
    Trek Madone 8
    Kestrel RT 700
    Lemond Zurich

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Can you show it on a map? I'd much prefer to not have to ride the road.
    This forum won't let me post images or links, because I have too few posts. So, here are the directions:

The parking lot is about a mile north from 495 on 85. It's a sharp turn to the right; you might not see it and pass it the first time. Once you park there, you need to ride south on the bike path for about 1/4 mile. There are a couple of trail heads, I believe; I don't know it well enough to recommend one.

Once you find the trail head, you'll have to explore. Sorry I just don't know how to explain it any better.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    if you park at the end of teh Bike Path , when you go down the bike path do not take the first enternce into the woods, ( very very very wet! ) use the 2nd one

mtbr member
    I think we'll just park at Wendy's. Thanks!
    SantaCruz Tallboy C
    SantaCruz Solo C
    Specialized Fatboy
    Trek Madone 8
    Kestrel RT 700
    Lemond Zurich

mtbr member
    We had a great day on Sunday, thanks for all the tips. While we did find some really good riding, I think there's still a lot more we missed. We did get "laked" out on a few of the trails to the north, but it was all good.

Vietnam - Mountain biking trip | EveryTrail
    SantaCruz Tallboy C
    SantaCruz Solo C
    Specialized Fatboy
    Trek Madone 8
    Kestrel RT 700
    Lemond Zurich

More than one, of course!
    Quote Originally Posted by insanitylevel9 View Post
    splat to the white phone splat!!!!!
    well i think he's circusjunk on this site but he would most likely be glad to give a tour. i email him this thread for you. normally i would show you around but i accidentally amputated my fingers with a garage door, so im out for the rest of the season.
    Uhhhhh, You did what!!!!????!!
    "It's NEVER all downhill" DMR

the test dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by far raider View Post
    Uhhhhh, You did what!!!!????!!
    teh garage door took my finger tips off..... do i know you?
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    for parking you can also park in this office building parking lot thats what me and my friends did i dont know if youre really supposed to park there tho. its on the left if youre coming from hopkinton to milford

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by N00bbiker View Post
    for parking you can also park in this office building parking lot thats what me and my friends did i dont know if youre really supposed to park there tho. its on the left if youre coming from hopkinton to milford
    That's one of the worst places to park. Use the lot next to Wendy's or the new rail trail lot at the Hopkinton/Milford line.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by N00bbiker View Post
    Please DO NOT park at the office building. Riders have taken heat for that in the past and there is no need for unnecessary trouble with our neighbors.

mtbr member
    Yes, the office park is a big no no. I've heard of some people getting towed out of there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Love it, some guy comes in and revives a two month old thread just to give bad parking advice. N00bbiker indeed. Vietnam rode great yesterday, the dirt was tacky and softish, but not muddy.

mtbr member
    Is Tracy Morgan Wasted on Live TV - YouTube

"I did get this leg blown off in VIET - NAM !!!"

LOL