Trek Slash demo- Mtbr.com

Thread: Trek Slash demo

mtbr member

Trek Slash demo

Greetings comrades,

I'm strongly considering the Trek Slash as my next bike, after having ridden my 6500 into the ground (small crack by an awkwardly done bracket weld, it's on its way back to Trek now for their investigation).

But I'm not willing to drop the kind of dough required for any of the Slash models without demoing one on some real trails. Anyone know of a LBS someplace in the Boston/North Shore/New Hampshire areas where I can demo a Slash?

Or any Slash owners that are thirsty for some beer in exchange for a quick test ride?
    I like mountains. I like seas. I do not like mountainous seas.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Not sure if they have any Slash's ready to demo, but check out Western Cycle in Danvers. They're a Trek dealer and should be able to help you out. I've had good experiences dealing with them for repairs and other stuff.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Best bet would be Belmont Wheel Works. I stopped there today and they have lots of models including a Slash 7 and a Remedy. They told me that when the weather is dry, they allow bikes to be taken out for brief rides in the conservation area that's across from the store. I'm not sure if they actually have demos to take for the day though.
    Remember, you are unique, just like everyone else.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by phosphor View Post
    Greetings comrades,

I'm strongly considering the Trek Slash as my next bike, after having ridden my 6500 into the ground (small crack by an awkwardly done bracket weld, it's on its way back to Trek now for their investigation).

But I'm not willing to drop the kind of dough required for any of the Slash models without demoing one on some real trails. Anyone know of a LBS someplace in the Boston/North Shore/New Hampshire areas where I can demo a Slash?

Or any Slash owners that are thirsty for some beer in exchange for a quick test ride?
    There is a great Trek Store in Portsmouth NH that I am sure would have a Slash demo. They had Scratch Air demo's last year so I would assume they would have the Slash this year.

mtbr member
    Thanks for all the great options! I'll definitely be paying these shops visits when the weather de-mudifies the trails. After yesterday's reminder of what snow looks like, we'll see when that ends up being.
    I like mountains. I like seas. I do not like mountainous seas.

Members who have read this thread: 0