Trail rides on Nantucket- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. Trail rides on Nantucket

I will be spending a few days on Nantucket and was looking for some trail suggestions. I heard the Vineyard has some great xc rides, but nothing on Nantucket. Suggestions anyone?
    It's all cycle-logical to me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    When are you heading over? I'd be happy to show you around, I will say it's not a great time of year to ride the trails they get very grown in every summer but I'm still riding.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Where are the trails on the island located? My inlaws have a place off Pocomo Road. I would be psyched to find anything rideable over there beyond the bike paths especially now that my boys have shown an interest in riding.
    rise above

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Come into Young's my name is Jim. I would be happy to point you in the direction of some trails, for everyone else the riding on Nantucket is the nightmare tick infested wet dream of Freddy, never even try it, leave it all to me

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by junglejim86 View Post
    Come into Young's my name is Jim. I would be happy to point you in the direction of some trails, for everyone else the riding on Nantucket is the nightmare tick infested wet dream of Freddy, never even try it, leave it all to me
    cool. Will do. You the guy who put together that Spec P3 with the Zoke Super Monster that was in the window years ago? That thing cracked me up.
    rise above

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I have no idea what a spec p3 with super monster cables is

beer thief
    Dredging up this old thread in hopes of some ride suggestions on Nantucket. Have been there in the past and explored but did not find much. I'm not trying to reveal anyone's private stash so even a PM with trailhead suggestions would be great. Not afraid to get lost again.

mtbr member
    Radair, only spent a weekend on Nantucket, rode my old SS Schwinn with CX tires. I hit the Middle Moors, which was lots of "gravel" (sand) roads, bonus is ticking off Nantucket high point. Then I believe I hit Sanford Farm.

Not sure you're history with beach vacation spots, but I would highly suggest MV over Nantucket. I prefer it for a multitude of reasons. As someone who loves to explore by bike MV offers a ton more land and more and better "trails".

Again I ride my CX rig but plenty of folks have MTBs. I've done long adventure rides from one end to the other, lots of good gravel roads, abandoned roads, and trails. Up island has the moraine which means elevation and even some rocks!

PM me and I can give more info if you'd like. Even show you how to park at the new Steamship lot and spin 15 miles of trail to the Woods Hole terminal, get on, get off in Vineyard Haven and ride miles of the above adventure to anywhere on island!
    Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades.

beer thief
    Thanks Steve! We went last weekend and found a little bit of singletrack in the middle moors by studying Google earth. Had a great time anyway. We've been to the Vineyard a few times (I get occasional work trips to each) and found better stuff there. Really love both the islands and will hit you up for the Beta on the WH trails!

Thanks again!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by radair View Post
    Thanks Steve! We went last weekend and found a little bit of singletrack in the middle moors by studying Google earth. Had a great time anyway. We've been to the Vineyard a few times (I get occasional work trips to each) and found better stuff there. Really love both the islands and will hit you up for the Beta on the WH trails!

Thanks again!
    Glad you had fun! I loved living on cape and the GF's family is on the vineyard, so I am lucky.

Still jonesing to get up your way, really only played in central NH and Bear Brook, I've heard of the legendary trails in the mountains though!
    Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades.