Today's Crash- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Today's Crash

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chqm8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    183

    Today's Crash

    My friend and I went for a little spin today and found a decent roller to practice on.

    I got lucky and cleaned it. John didn't get so lucky.

    Click here for the carnage.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tinshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,121
    Damn, lucky. A little advice though....get a helmet that doesn't flop to the back of your head.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chqm8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinshield
    Damn, lucky. A little advice though....get a helmet that doesn't flop to the back of your head.

    I'll let him know about the helmet. He actually got really lucky that he didn't face-plant into the rock. On the video it looks like his face slams into it, but in reality he narrowly missed it.

    He did scrape his leg though.

    Still....next time could be really bad if he doesn't get a better helmet.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: splattered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    145
    that looked a lot worse than it probably was, a face full of rock is why i wear a full face even on light xc rides lol, where was that ?
    live life like a bullet
    FAST HARD AND GO OUT WITH A BANG

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chqm8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by splattered
    that looked a lot worse than it probably was, a face full of rock is why i wear a full face even on light xc rides lol, where was that ?
    It was at Borderland park in Sharon, Mass.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,050
    it looks like his foot slipped out of the pedal. Otherwise, besides his weight being a little forward, he looked fine.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: okraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    35
    He didn't look comitted at all. The sound of his back tire skidding all the way down proves that. He is really lucky...looks like his face missed being crushed by that rock within inches. He needs a helmet that fits. I love the camera man's "sigh" at the end.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chqm8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by okraz
    He didn't look comitted at all. The sound of his back tire skidding all the way down proves that. He is really lucky...looks like his face missed being crushed by that rock within inches. He needs a helmet that fits. I love the camera man's "sigh" at the end.
    Yeah that was me sighing.

    Although really it was more of a 'groan'. I was pretty sure my buddy was a goner. At the very least I was thinking severe head and facial injuries. I shouldve kept the camera rolling because he actually got up laughing.

  9. #9

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1
    That looked awful, I'm glad he's alright. It Looked like a nice day though.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.