They Came to Boston...- Mtbr.com
    30 something dad

They Came to Boston...

Just accepted a position in Boston (right near north station). Is the Fells the place to go for a morning/mid-day/late day ride, or are there trails closer to the city?

Also, any recommendations of local XC races? I've found a few series and events, but wanted to hear what you guys had to say.

See you in a couple months...

Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007
    Just moved to Boston myself (charlestown, near north station), and I'm thinking the Fells is the closest spot. It aint half bad either, for what it is.

mtbr member
    Root 66 is the closest thing to a local race series, check it out at http://www.root66raceseries.com/. I've only raced one of their event which was a lot of fun and well run, but everyone I've talked with about the series echos this for all events.

Check out NEMBA as well for more local intell, ride info, advocacy type stuff if you're interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    in fact for trail type bikes I am tired of QR roady shite in general. Lets move on.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    The Fells is a great spot to ride near boston. There are a lot more trails there than you would expect, the more you explore, the more you'll find.
    Vermonter - bikes, beers and skis.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Welcome to the area. Fells is probably the closest and its pretty fun depending on what you are looking for. Its not a huck zone but there is some fun flowy trails there...and its super close.

for racing, beyond the Root66 series that was mentioned, check out www.efta.com for races in the region ( there isnt many XC races in MA but a fair amount around NE)
    rise above

mtbr member
    rode Farmington this weekend and liked the course. I raced at Putney last year. Can you compare the Coyote Hill Course to either of those? Thinking of heading up there, but its a long ride from RI. Thanks.
    Bravo Shot
    Speed Saves
    www.myspace.com/bravoshot

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    check out a wednesday or thursday evening guided ride at the fells to get some local knowledge...
    http://www.gbnemba.org/rides.php

-t

Members who have read this thread: 0