So...who's Snow Ridin' Tonight???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

So...who's Snow Ridin' Tonight???

Last Saturday we rode Earl's in the snow (after the PV-NEMBA annual meeting)-it was a blast-I had forgotten how much I like winter riding-so I think I'm going to ride tonight..any of you guys heading out tonight to your local haunts???

mtbr member
    Just got back from a ride in Dogtown. Had a chance to try studs for the first time. I'm pretty impressed. It made my ride much more fun and much less dangerous. It got a little crazy when the snow got above 4". I can't imagine riding in deeper snow that that.

Last Friday I had a night ride and it began to snow. That was pretty cool with good lights.

mtbr member
    I did my ride this afternoon in 4-5 inches of fluff over ice. My 2.4's are floaty, but things get hairy when there's ice underneath. I'll be skiing tonight once the snow builds up and jumps can be built.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    where are you skiing, Chaz? homemade stuff??

mtbr member
    Yeah, we went over to a local sledding hill and built a kicker. There are plenty of places to XC ski around here as well. By the end of this weekend, pretty much any bike trail will be ski-able and Sugarloaf should be prime for downhill ski runs.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Have I ever shown you my Sugarloaf Tree run??/

It's not a long shot-but it's steep and beautiful and holds snow like-well, like a well-protected north facing tree slop.

mtbr member
    I don't do many tree runs (cracked my jaw kissing a tree as a kid and developed a pathological fear), but I'd like to check it out. If it's not too icy or wet, today may be a good day for Sugarloaf runs

Members who have read this thread: 0