Snow report - how much did you get- Mtbr.com
    customized
    Sep 2003

Snow report - how much did you get

Got a goo 5-6" up here in central NH, how is it looking in Massachusetts?

I am hoping to find some dirt to ride on this weekend.

Huh?
    Apr 2005

Beverly MA

We got about 2" and some light rain should be crusty soon.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    none on the cape, just cold and windy

customized
    Sep 2003
    This is all good information.

mtbr member
    A dusting on Cape Ann to about 2" in Burlington. The trails look perfectly rideable. If it weren't so damn' cold today I'd be out there at lunchtime

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I was thinking the same thing. It's cold with flurries here, would be ok if the wind wasn't blowing about 20-30mph. Feels like 0 with the wind.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    maybe 5" in Shelburne Falls

customized
    Sep 2003
    Decided to hit HP with a couple friends today. There was 1 to 2.5" on the trails, but not ridable. We did a short ride and it was very difficult.

Any updates on the trails? Has anyone been out to ride since the storm?

Rocks Rock

Crusty

Rode some trails in Lynn last night and to night. Not bad after I got in the swing of snow again. Just have to go slower and can't climb worth a crap. Sure miss rollin off big rocks tho.
    Anyone riding about 5 or 6 pm tomorrow?
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member
    Just got back from Lynn Woods. It was a mix of crusty icy stuff. I was wishing for studs. I'll be hitting Dogtown tonight. That should be much more rideable.

Rocks Rock

Dogtown

What time are you riding Dogtown. I've never been there. Would you be willing to show a visitor from IdaHo around?
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member
    My buddy is getting a new bike tonight so we'll be putting it together and then taking it for a quick spin. I live across the street from a trailhead so it's easy for us to just pop in. It probably won't be a full on ride though. In fact it might not happen if we run into problems.

I'd be more than willing to show a visitor around but tonight probably wouldn't be the best night. Maybe tomorrow or over the weekend? Send me a PM if you're interested.

Rocks Rock

Friday

I think I'll get off work around noon tomorrow. I'll pm my phone number.
    Thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll head for Lynn Woods again for now.
    Am I being kind?

customized
    Sep 2003
    Please give an update on the trails. Would like to know snow depth as well as ice amounts.

Rocks Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by Severum
    Please give an update on the trails. Would like to know snow depth as well as ice amounts.
    If your a Xcountry rider looking for a trining loop Lynn Woods would be a poor place to ride right now. But if you want to go have some winter fun in the snow this crusty stuff has pretty good traction. Tuesday night I had to push thru about three inchs of snow, first bike on the trail after the storm. Last night and toinight it was easier cause there's been a few bikes thru there now. A little ice on some of the big rocks and a couple icy patches. I only slipped on ice once, I laid a small stick across the trial on each end of that ice spot cause it's hard to see.
    Am I being kind?

customized
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by impdude
    If your a Xcountry rider looking for a trining loop Lynn Woods would be a poor place to ride right now. But if you want to go have some winter fun in the snow this crusty stuff has pretty good traction. Tuesday night I had to push thru about three inchs of snow, first bike on the trail after the storm. Last night and toinight it was easier cause there's been a few bikes thru there now.
    I know Lynn well and not looking for a training ride, just want to get out and have some fun. I was looking for any info on the trails down that way. We are looking to hit borderland or Wompy, as they seem to have very little snow. Just trying to figure out what to expect and if studs are vital. Don't mind a little ice with the regular tires, but more than that and I want to have the studs.

Members who have read this thread: 0