Shrewsbury Riders?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Shrewsbury Riders?

The Town of Shrewsbury open space committee is developing plans for a trail system. I am looking to get an idea of #possible of riders in the area for trail use and potential volunteers for trail construction and maintenance.
    I am one of the original trail builders from Northboro, if you've riden Pisgah then you've riden trails i built and maintained up to 3the years ago.
    This is an opportunity to start with a blank canvas and develop some new trails.
    I've been in close communication with town officials and things are looking promising..
    We currently have a sick DJ area and pump track which i hope to get recognized and supported by the town .

blet drive
    wow that sounds sweet keep us posted
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    I'm not too far away and definitely willing to help out. I'm always looking for new places to jump, so far I know of 0 in MA.

mtbr member
    Excellent news. Definitely interested.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pucelano View Post
    Excellent news. Definitely interested.
    Its going to take time but it sounds like the town is on board with building official trails. In the mean time I've got some other....non official stuff going on if your interested.
    Are you in town?

blet drive
    what is the good new...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain in the A** View Post
    Its going to take time but it sounds like the town is on board with building official trails. In the mean time I've got some other....non official stuff going on if your interested.
    Are you in town?
    Yes, I'm fairly close to Shrewsbury.

blet drive
    me to

blet drive

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Hey Pain, Where in Northboro are the trails? I currently am in Worcester but am about to move to Northboro and have been looking for some nice trails since moving from Vermont.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ducster View Post
    Hey Pain, Where in Northboro are the trails? I currently am in Worcester but am about to move to Northboro and have been looking for some nice trails since moving from Vermont.
    Check out the Trails Committee page on the Northborough Town website. Pisgah is probably the most common spot.....pretty technical there. If you want more fast flowing start over on Boundry St trails cross Rt 20 which will take you behind Algonquin High School which the you can access Westboro state hospital trails.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    im a college student here in worcester and was looking for some places to ride that werent too far from here. back home in wmass i ride batchelor street and was trying to find trails like that. also if anyone has any maps that would be greatly appreciated

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    http://www.northboroughtrails.org/MA...s_Overview.pdf
    http://www.northboroughtrails.org/MAPS/Mt_Pisgah.pdf

I usually link the Yellick trails starting from Boundry St accross Rt 20 Stirrup Brook cross over Bartlet St to Cedar Hill Trails and back to Boundry St....it's about 12 miles.
    Search around these trails a bit...you'll find some challenging stuff and some fast a flowy.

More popular places go to NEMBA Blackstone Valley Chapter...Rayburn, Sutton Water Works, Vietnam and Ribbon Candy in Northbridge. There are many other small places around.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Thanks for the information. I would be up for helping with the Shrewsbury stuff as well. Just let me know what needs to be done. Always great to get more local places built.

mtbr member
    I am local, used to live in Boylston, 2 minutes from Mt. Pisgah. Now i am over in Marlboro. Ill watch for updates on this thread.
    2015 Intense Carbine 29
    2013 Motobecane Fantom Team DS

blet drive
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain in the A** View Post
    Check out the Trails Committee page on the Northborough Town website. Pisgah is probably the most common spot.....pretty technical there. If you want more fast flowing start over on Boundry St trails cross Rt 20 which will take you behind Algonquin High School which the you can access Westboro state hospital trails.
    what are the trails like off of rt 20 and wear do you park?

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Any further news about trails being built in Shrewsbury?

Members who have read this thread: 0