Sept 18 - PVNEMBA epic 2 @ batchelor street- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Sept 18 - PVNEMBA epic 2 @ batchelor street

Most of you missed epic 1, which was a 36 mile hammerfest through Leverett and Wendell. Epic 2 is a week away, September 18. The PVNEMBA epics are developing a reputation as some of the most difficult rides around. We're definitely the best riders in the state. You probably can't keep up on our rides, but here's all the details if you want to fantasize about being as good as us.

Details: Sunday September 18, 8 am, Batchelor street parking lot. Riding until we've hit every trail at B street and Earl's, and a little more. Expect that this is all you will do next Sunday.

What to expect: Both trail networks have about 3000 feet of climbing, and a combined 35ish mile of trail. I've expanded this ride from last year, so we'll venture out of the Batchelor street network a bit, which means it will be more like 40 miles. We'll be holding a fast pace and will not regroup at every intersection. We're going to keep the train moving and keep the extended stops to a minimum. It won't be relentless (well, it might be, depending on who shows up), but it will be a fast, all-day pace over very difficult trails.

Rest stops: An ample supply of water will be stashed at a midway point. Bring whatever you want for food and fuel. Post-ride beer and pizza feed at in the Batchelor Street parking lot, which was a big hit last year.

IF YOU'LL BE IN ATTENDANCE, PLEASE LET US KNOW SO WE CAN PLAN ACCORDINGLY. Did I say that loud enough? Lemme say it again. IF YOU'LL BE IN ATTENDANCE, PLEASE LET US KNOW SO WE CAN PLAN ACCORDINGLY. If you show up without RSVPing, we're going to cut off your tires and make you ride on your rims all day. And, you won't get to have any water or food, because I won't have prepared for your presence.

As a final note, the B street parking lot is kind of small, and we want to save room for other riders. If it's not too much trouble for you and a friend to carpool, other riders will greatly appreciate it.

See you there, suckas!
    Chaz
    chaznielsen AT gmail DOT com

mtbr member
    Chaz,
    If we are going to be in attendance, do you want us to let you know so you can plan accordingly?
    Michael

mtbr member
    The reason I emphasize it so much is that in years past people seem to blatantly ignore the RSVP request. It's great having a bunch of people for the ride, but it's also nice to be able to plan a bit, you know? I'm not trying to be a d!ck, just trying to get people to cooperate.

mtbr member
    Chaz,
    I completely understand; just having a little fun. Batchelor Street was great today, until I tore my sidewall at Jacob's.
    Michael

mtbr member
    I might join in the back; but no need to get any food or water for me. I won't be able to keep up or last that long, but I think I am going to give it a shot!
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    May 2010
    There wouldn't be anyone from Boston looking to split a ride out there, would there?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    How'd this go? Is there anyone (other than the usual suspects) who is a candidate to complete all three Epics this Year??

I understand that the Wendell-Leverett epic was a smaller-and much faster-affair than usual.

Who's still got the legs for Rossi's Sufferfest?

mtbr member
    I think it's Me, Rossi, Dave J, and Craig K doing all three.