Robinson Needs a Blowing Crew- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Robinson Needs a Blowing Crew

I ride Robinson State Park in Agawam once a month or so as I drive by there for work. Looks like someone has been busy in there putting up some home made trail signs on trees - probably some kids - good for them. Trails are in nice shape!

But these trails are crying to be leafblown. A ton of oak leaves combined with twisty flowy trails on sand = slippery *&^% for two months a year.

As these trails are smack in the middle of suburbia there must be 1000 leaf blowers within a 5 mile radius. Comon sign posters lets take it to the next level!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    What, you don't own a rake?

I kid, I kid...
    Riding bikes rules!

mtbr member
    If you want something done right do it yourself. Not being a jerk, but how many hours have you spent leaf blowing this year?
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mdc
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    If you want something done right do it yourself. Not being a jerk, but how many hours have you spent leaf blowing this year?
    I think if every mountain biker skipped ONE ride a year and did an hour or two of trail maintenance ( raking, blowing, pruning etc.) a year we would have some seriously pristine trails. just saying....

mtbr member
    yup
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    You're missing the point. OTHER RIDERS should be doing the trail maintenance for you. I kid as well......

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Just keep riding over the leaves. That's the best thing for the trails. Get some organic matter worked into that sand. It helps preserve the trail against erosion. It's tough on the first 100 passes or so, but if you simply get more people riding the trails, they'll do much better. Leaf blowing is a short-sighted activity in most cases.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by phride View Post
    Just keep riding over the leaves. That's the best thing for the trails. Get some organic matter worked into that sand. It helps preserve the trail against erosion. It's tough on the first 100 passes or so, but if you simply get more people riding the trails, they'll do much better. Leaf blowing is a short-sighted activity in most cases.
    Agreed!

mtbr member
    Especially at Robinson. Those trails are pretty cupped, Blowing leaves to the edges only exacerbates the cupping.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    http://facebook.com/CharlemontTrails
    NEMBA Past President...