RI-NEMBA Burlingame FUN RIDE 2/17- Mtbr.com
    uh, or something!

RI-NEMBA Burlingame FUN RIDE 2/17

I know it's the wrong state but RI isn't far and you might be looking for a change of pace and Burlingame never has snow

Burlingame Fun Ride 2/17 - This Sunday

Yep, a winter Fun Ride. Down in Burlingame in Charleston, RI where many of us RI riders flock to during the snowier months. The riding ranges from flowy, fast singletrack to some nice technical rock filled riding. Thereís not too much in the way of climbing, an added bonus for those of us who havenít been on the bike much this winter. Thereís a real nice technical loop that was recently completed and will be included in the advanced ride.

Football season is over....put down that remote and come out for a low key ride. We're gonna have a great time. You will have a chance to win some great swag to help you get over that 18-1 depression. The highlight will be the great riding in a location that many folks havenít checked out.

BE SURE TO CHECK www.rinemba.org in the event of weather cancellation.

Info:

Registration 8 - 9AM
    Led rides leave ~ 9/9:15
    Cost - $5. Any and all proceeds will be going to charity (usually Cycle for Life).
    Raffle - we will have a raffle. There should be some swag as per usual.

Lennon is bringing chili and hot cocoa!

Directions: 95 to Rte 4 South to Rte 1 (Rte 4 will merge into Rte 1).

Take Rte 1 South down past Wakefield and into Charleston. Go past the General Stanton Inn (on your left heading south, if you pass it heading north you went too far) - Look for a yellow sign for Prosser Trail Road on the right side of the road. The turnoff is sharp - go ~ .5 miles and the Burlingame State Park sign will be on the left.

Drive time: It takes me ~ 40 minutes from Providence. Do not speed on Rte 1, or at least try to keep it close to the limit, as there are plenty of cops that would love to meet you.

Hope to see you there
    Life is a drink and you get drunk.... when you're young.....

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Sounds like a great time! I will be there, did you get any snow today down there? Length of ride? Pace?

uh, or something!

no snow accumulation

tons of rain right now.

We will have a ride for everyone. Pace will decide each group, from mellow to fast, short to long...generally an hour to two+ hours

mtbr member
    This sounds like fun.

I need to do a little repair work on my bike, shattered yet another derailleur hanger the other day....(in my driveway believe it or not) but I may be able to make this ride.

How are the trails holding up after that torrential rain that we got yesterday? (wednesday the 13th)
    Last edited by chqm8; 02-14-2008 at 06:16 PM.

uh, or something!
    trails are fine due to the wind and the cold. as long as the temps get more cold than what we had today we should be good. let me know if you bike is not ready in time - I can bring an extra one as long as you fit on a 17" or 18"

uh, or something!

Oh yea......

be sure to wear some blaze orange.........required. hunting season in RI.

DeForest Stump
    I'll have an extra blaze orange vest if anyone needs one for this ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mello211
    trails are fine due to the wind and the cold. as long as the temps get more cold than what we had today we should be good. let me know if you bike is not ready in time - I can bring an extra one as long as you fit on a 17" or 18"
    Thanks. I fixed my bike.

I put on a new hanger and adjusted the shifting. I test rode it this morning and it's good as new.

Members who have read this thread: 0