Renting a "real" bike on Cape Cod- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Renting a "real" bike on Cape Cod

I will be on Cape Cod in a couple of weeks. While I am there, I want to sample the local MTB trails( Otis, ToT etc.). Is there a good bike shop where I can rent a real MTB?
    Also what kind of MTB is best for the Cape? A 4" or a 6" bike? I will be staying in the Brewster area,but am willing to drive a bit to get a good bike.
    Thanks for the help.

try driving your car less
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench Monkey
    I will be on Cape Cod in a couple of weeks. While I am there, I want to sample the local MTB trails( Otis, ToT etc.). Is there a good bike shop where I can rent a real MTB?
    Also what kind of MTB is best for the Cape? A 4" or a 6" bike? I will be staying in the Brewster area,but am willing to drive a bit to get a good bike.
    Thanks for the help.
    4" or hardtail.

try a specialized demo at bikezone. cornercycle does 'performance' road bike rentals.
    Only boring people get bored.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Hardtail or 4" is good to know.
    The trails in my neck of the woods require a 4"-6" bike. Depending on the trail, I will ride my Superlite or my Heckler,but mostly the Heckler.
    I had been told there was a lot of rocks on the North East trails.Is there some freeride trails on the Cape? Do I need to bring my knee pads?
    Thanks for the info.

Who are the brain police?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench Monkey
    Hardtail or 4" is good to know.
    The trails in my neck of the woods require a 4"-6" bike. Depending on the trail, I will ride my Superlite or my Heckler,but mostly the Heckler.
    I had been told there was a lot of rocks on the North East trails.Is there some freeride trails on the Cape? Do I need to bring my knee pads?
    Thanks for the info.
    No overt fr that I know of on the Cape, but I've seen decent stuff in Otis if you hunt for
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I'm not looking for anything big,just fun TTF's. Otis sounds like the place to ride. I will only have an hour or three on two days that I will be able to ride. But I can't fly all the way from Washington state and not check out some local trails.
    Thanks again for the help.

Members who have read this thread: 0