race suggestions...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009

race suggestions...

hey racers,

I haven't done a race in like 10 years, mainly because i've been a more downhill/all mountain rider, however i was looking to test myself possibly in a local race.

so, i don;t have an XC/trail bike. I have a Spesh Enduro - not a super bomber, but not exactly light by any means.

It's my only bike, unfortunately. Does anyone know of any local/NE races that might be conducive to my bigger bike? (ie maybe not a ton of hills?).

Or if that's too narrow a question - how about *any* fun race around here that won't kill me?

thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    they do a race over at wompituck. place is pretty flat.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Trouble with flat races is they are also fast.
    There very few races with real big climbs in N.E.....and most are rocky and rooty enough so your Enduro won't be a real bad choice.
    Take a look at the Root66 race series and EFTA.com...pick a race that fits your schedule and I can tell you more on the course.
    A guy won the beginner class at the fast Winding Trails race on a longer travel bike 2 years ago...I think he was riding a SC Bullet with flat pedals.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    don't wait for wompatuck that is at the end of the season... try to get one done earlier than that incase you like it so you can enter another. i waited till wompy last year and although i had a great time i regret not entering a couple more races.

massassoit is on the 23rd of april. pretty flat and not techy from what i hear i haven't been there though. if you are just having fun i would hit that up...

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    thanks everyone...cool

Members who have read this thread: 0