Plymouth trails?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Plymouth trails?

What's the best bet for a dry ride on Sunday in Plymouth? I've heard the trails are in decent shape, but have never ventured down there before.

Looking for something fun and flowy more than super tech for first ride of the season (if it's there to be had), and hopefully dry. Was planning on riding the "Bentley loop" plus some add-ons in Miles Standish - seem like a good bet?

mtbr member
    Where are you coming from? Have not been out in Plymouth yet but the cape is riding well. If you've never ridden the Pinehills it can be a bit tough. The north side of 3 is easier to navigate, a bit of technical (but really, if you come from any place with technical riding Plymouth/Cape will seem east).

I'd personally stay out of Myles Standish, Miles of Sandish. If you want true singletrack; Pinehills, Otis, TOT.
    Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'm coming from right next to the fells (north of Boston), have a friend coming from west of the city. Plymouth is handy because it's the closest stuff that I've heard is dry, about an hour away for each of us. I'm happy to drive a bit further if there's better riding though.

mtbr member
    Otis and TOT are going to be 30 minutes further if that's in your range. Otis has seen a huge amount of people. TOT is shaping up and NEMBA crew has been cleaning. Personally I'm bias; Otis beats TOT any day. If you've never ridden either the quick stats:
    -Otis, no map, lots of intersections vs. TOT well produced map/some signage
    -Otis, more "hills", and the most technical stuff on Cape vs. TOT some "hills" and "tech"
    -Otis also has more trail mileage than TOT

You can find stuff on both on here, NEMBA site, googling, check out Strava heat map to get an idea of both.

mtbr member
    For a map of Otis, you could download Open Street Maps to your phone. No trail names for Otis but you can at least see the trails you're on. Example below:

mtbr member
    Solid pick. I prefer Strava global Heatmap because it shows what people are actually riding (well, those who use Strava). I can pick out a few things quickly from Open Street Map that are off. Found here is the TOT map for download.

Plymouth trails?-untitled.jpg

mtbr member
    Don't forget, Otis will be full of trail RUNNERS this Sunday.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iceboxsteve View Post
    Solid pick. I prefer Strava global Heatmap because it shows what people are actually riding (well, those who use Strava). I can pick out a few things quickly from Open Street Map that are off. Found here is the TOT map for download.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	149.9 KB 
ID:	980212
    I've used the Heatmap too but more from home to sniff places out. It's a pretty cool tool for that. I'm not a big map guy anyway. I go out, ride, get lost, & then turn the phone on to get me back to the truck.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Don't forget, Otis will be full of trail RUNNERS this Sunday.
    Otis is pretty big. If you do decide to ride there, stay along the northern end and along the highway and you should be away from the runners.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Trail of tears was bone dry and perfect today.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Went to ToT, trails were in great shape (if full of prickers- ouch!)

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    bighit,

thanks for that map. I always end up on the same trails there and I know there is way more.

going to put that on my garmin and check it out this weekend. hopefully I end up on a bunch of new stuff that I haven't seen.

mtbr member
    Adumb, how'd it go? I'm out here for a week and want to hit a couple trails.. On a CX bike.. did you find anything good? Garmin maps?

Thx

Dan