Plummer's landing- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Plummer's landing

Anyone know what the hell is going on there? Its all tore up near the train tracks look like they're putting a road in

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    That sucks, it was a complete shocker today all those trees gone.

guru meditation
    T&G saying Northbridge wants the land across 122/sewer plants...good chop up more forests. Maybe we can get a Walgreens or another bank out of this deal

Northbridge officials eye parcel as potential revenue source
    By Susan Spencer TELEGRAM & GAZETTE STAFF
    [email protected]

NORTHBRIDGE A 25-acre parcel on Providence Road, Route 122, could be a potential revenue source for the town, Town Manager Theodore D. Kozak told selectmen Monday.

Selectmen had asked the manager to look into whether the wooded property across from the sewer beds might hold some future use as an industrial park. Also, lumber from the parcel could be another source of revenue. Mr. Kozak told selectmen a study would have to be done to survey the layout and wetlands issues, but he would ask the town planner to start investigating possibilities.

The town highway superintendent, who looked at the property with Mr. Kozak, is working with state officials to determine what, if any, of the old roadbed is actually state property.

"It's an interesting piece of property," Mr. Kozak said.

Selectman James Marzac asked whether there was access from Linwood Avenue, on the other side of the hill, and whether some town offices might be relocated to this site. Mr. Kozak said that the town's only access from Linwood Avenue is through Pine Grove Cemetery. However, a few abutting property owners own large tracts of land that could potentially be discussed in a proposal. Mr. Marzac said that previous considerations of the parcel found that it contained substantial ledge, but that might not be the hindrance it was previously thought.

"I feel something should be done because we're sitting on that property already," Mr. Marzac said. "It's land that is in a prime location that can be used, should be used. I've seen many instances of ledge not being issues when developing property."

mtbr member
    It's sad, but reminds me of this scene from The Great Outdoors...
    Clip GREAT OUTDOORS Trees: Clip GREAT OUTDOORS Trees - YouTube

mtbr member

Plummer's landing

I live in uxbridge and only started riding this year but love that piece of woods.
    I am also in the Drilling and Blasting industry. I can tell you that a SUBSTANTIAL amount of blasting would be required to put in an industrial park. That takes time and a lot of Money. Let's hope they shy away from a total land rape when their engineers tell them the cost.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I really hope they don't take anymore of the land.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    We will reroute Ribbon Candy when they are done. Also they don't have all of the land across 122. A lot of it is Private and some is in a Trust. We will work around that as well. There is a reason we have the trails we do.

guru meditation
    Sounds good...I was surprised how far back they are building that one road. Wow! Oh well.