Places to eat near Vietnam.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Places to eat near Vietnam.

Me and some buds will be riding up that way Friday evening and would like to get a bite to eat and a beer before we leave. Is there anything in the area that is decent?

Apr 2006
    Wendys!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Wendy's

seriously though , if you go up Granite Blvd ( left at wendy's ) there is a TGI Friday , up by Target , keep going and go down the hill to Rt 16 take a Right there is the Imperial Buffet, and right past that is Doc's Sports bar a Little farther down rt 16 is a 99 and Tennesse and just a little farther ( take a left onto 109 ) isa KFC and Friendly's and the Alamo Mexican Food ( really good )
    I'm Better known as Splat

mtbr member

Thanks and how about trail advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Circusjunk
    Wendy's

seriously though , if you go up Granite Blvd ( left at wendy's ) there is a TGI Friday , up by Target , keep going and go down the hill to Rt 16 take a Right there is the Imperial Buffet, and right past that is Doc's Sports bar a Little farther down rt 16 is a 99 and Tennesse and just a little farther ( take a left onto 109 ) isa KFC and Friendly's and the Alamo Mexican Food ( really good )
    Yes, I'm well aware of Wendy's but we are looking for a place throw back a couple of cervezas and avoid the friday night traffic going home. Thanks for the info. The Alamo sounds like it'll do the trick.

btw,
    Can anyone tell me the whereabouts of the halfpipe? We've ridden Vietnam only once last year and we didn't see it. I have their map if that can help us pinpoint it. Also, is there any other can't miss trails? We generally ride the stuff at the very beginning at the left of the power lines, explore a bit, then come back on the trails that are on the right side of the powerlines. It'd be nice get more of a flow than we usually do.

mtbr member
    Call Dane at Milford Bike. Every time I ride Vietnam, he brings us to this Thai place that is AWESOME! Wish I new the name...def call Dane, it's worth it!

mtbr member
    Thai is good. I'll call.

How are your trails doing? I've been avoiding them till I hear word that the mud is gone. Everything else in our area is in great shape.

mdc
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by btf95
    Call Dane at Milford Bike. Every time I ride Vietnam, he brings us to this Thai place that is AWESOME! Wish I new the name...def call Dane, it's worth it!

There are 2 pretty close to each other- The Thai Pepper is a small more local place on Rt16 and there is Mangos (sp?) across the street in the Blockbuster plaza, which is bigger. Both are really pretty good- but I think the Pad Thai at Mango's is a little tastier.....mmmm pad thai and a Singha- delicious......

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Mango is the sh*t, check it out for sure!

mtbr member
    Thanks for the food info.

Now I just need to know where the good trails are. We've been before but we tend to session the jumps/drops for awhile, then we explore and get lost/stuck on some boring trails, then take the powerlines out. I'd like to change that experience. I don't mind exploring if I find cool stuff. Where is the halfpipe? What other trails are a must hit? If I'm working off this map where should we look?

http://bvnemba.org/vietnam_map.htm

mtbr member
    I'm planning a ride out there for May 25th. Curious about trail routes also.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Woodyak, sorry I didn't catch your post earlier. Hope you guys found some of the good stuff.

Tinshield, there's a lot of variety in 'nam, so it's hard to say where to go, depends on what you wanna do. One of the new trails that a lot of people ride is just at the top of the cell tower hill, just on the other side of the rock wall. You'll see it if you go left at the top, then make your first right. That trail is called DLS and, if you take it clockwise, you'll end up about where you started.

Otherwise, there's a lot of good stuff in on both sides of the power lines and on the power lines. I'd try 'n hook up with some locals there if you can.

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 0