Pittsfield- Mtbr.com

Thread: Pittsfield

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Pittsfield

Any good riding in this area? I visit family here quite often and would like to ride if possible. We stay very close to Pittsfield State forest if thats any help. I saw some utube videos of a LONG decent from the state park that looked like a killer shuttle run.

thanks

mtbr member

good stuff

All kinds of great stuff up there, grew up on west west st with west mt out my back door, get back there and visit every year or so. Most of the west side trail system drops off of the skyline trail both published and not, get a topo map and go exploring.

Nice trails out between kennedy and yukon park, and I hear the October mt system is great as well.

It has always struck me as strange that this area doesn't seam to get as much (any) press. I've ridden on every continent except antartica (it's on the list) and currently live in colorado, and berksire county could go head to head and trail to trail with anywhere.

Have a wicked good time, and post pics I miss it up in them hills

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Look up Berkshire NEMBA for trail maps of PSF

It's all good

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thanks guys. I guess i have to just go exploring. There is a lot of elevation change and so many trails im surprised it doesnt get more press. My family lives off west st so they are right at the trail head. going to go for it next time.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Contact Berkshire Nemba. Last year there was a weekly group ride on Monday nights. There are so many good trails in the PSF that you'll have more fun with a guide.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    your'e right there. PSF. I live on Cape Cod and I try to ride there at least a few times a year. I start at Balance rock park and make my way to atop Jiminy Peak and my route is about 4 hours. The descent from Jiminy is pretty good but last year I didn't see many tire tracks.

you shouldn't have to ride too much on the dirt roads.

Members who have read this thread: 1