Pedro's Fest - 2007 was FINAL year!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Pedro's Fest - 2007 was FINAL year!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Looks like it is just under new management...Kenda has taken it!

http://www.bicycleretailer.com/news/newsDetail/461.html
    Kenda Steps Up, Festival Will Continue

HANCOCK, MA (BRAIN)—Pedro’s might have taken its name off the event, but that doesn’t mean the show won’t go on.

“We have a new title sponsor in Kenda,” said Joan Hanscom, executive director of the festival. “Kenda’s really excited to be a part of it.” The event will now be known as the Kenda Bike Festival, presented by Dirt Rag magazine, running from July 25 – 27 at the Apple Tree Hill Organic Farm in Hancock, MA.

Pedro’s told festival organizers at Interbike that it would no longer be the event’s title sponsor, according to Jason Elhardt, marketing and communications manager at Pedro’s.

“We have realized that our bread and butter are the shop guys,” said Elhardt, on why Pedro’s decided to pull out. “We were working with the organizers at Pedro's Fest to make it the 'year of the shop guy,’ but the execution was not what we hoped for. In the end, the festival hasn't really grown since the first couple of years, so to a certain extent it has turned into a family reunion of sorts. It's been a lot of fun but we need to bring our message to fresh ears.

“From our perspective, Pedro’s Fest won’t exist anymore,” he added.

But in the eyes of festival organizers it surely will.

“The festival has a long tradition of bringing the riders, the industry and the media together for one of the most truly unique events on the annual cycling calendar,” Hanscomb said. “We are thrilled to announce our new partnerships with Kenda and with Dirt Rag. They ensure that the festival will continue to bring all of the cycling communities together for this one great weekend in the Berkshires for many years to come.”

The feeling is likewise for Kenda.

“Kenda plans to really step up its presence by bringing new partnerships, activities and athletes to the event, while keeping the great grassroots feeling that has always made this event so special throughout its history,” said Jim Wannamaker, marketing director for Kenda. “We see great value in the property and are looking forward to playing an active role in its growth.”

For more on this story, check out the November issue of Bicycle Retailer & Industry News. –Jason Norman
    Last edited by JoshG; 10-04-2007 at 02:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Good to see it is going to continue, it would be missed

Ti Fat
    Dec 2006
    Yeah, don't scare me like that! I've gone every year since '99, and have a blast. See you in '08!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I'm glad it's staying too. They retracted the original article within a couple hours! I just moved closer so it would have sucked for it to go away. Speaking of which...where can I ride in the Enfield/Longmeadow area? I'll be in Enfield for a couple of months until I find a house in Longmeadow/East Longmeadow. I'm itching to ride since I've not ridden in a few weeks due to moving. I'll do road or mountain. I left the FS back in PA so I'll be sporting the SS until I get it.

- Chris

Steam Donkey
    Hey Chris, I could show you around, if you like. Lots of good riding around, but tour-guides are needed around these parts. Not too many places have good maps and trail signage is almost non-existent. PM if you are interested. Steve
    If you didn't build the trail, don't mess with it.

mtbr member
    Its all good !! I'm glad Kenda has taken over, they have some great connections and the pro's who are going to represent are awsome, HANS, no way RAY, oh yes, Can't wait to meet the legend. I'm hoping that he'll be a ride leader for one of the rides. I find that sometimes new blood is needed to inspire and create a better event. The Fest is in a few short weeks, July 25,26,27, and the online registration is still open. I'm banking on Kenda pulling off a great event. See ya'll there. Look for the guy with this van, and say hello

mtbr member
    You should meet YetiKen. He has a van like that too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsguy
    You should meet YetiKen. He has a van like that too.
    yea, his big red 4x4 van is a nice battle wagon. I like it. Thanks !

a.k.a. Yeti Ken
    You mean this BadA$$.

I don't think I'll be at the Bikefest. I have a hard enough time keeping plans I make, let alone something I need to register for Everyone have fun.

Ken Keister
    BigRed4x4Van.com

mtbr member
    Who's peeking from behind that door? BTW , great van, I've had mine since new, got 98,000 miles of fun on the odo.. Why are you selling it? fuel costs ?? HA ! I get between 13-18 mpg, depending on which way the wind is blowing. Ya, its not an economy vehicle, but when its loaded with 4 guys, 8 bikes and a ton of gear for camping, its the best. !

a.k.a. Yeti Ken
    That's my wife. She's probably changing while yelling "put that damn camera down".

We're selling because we need the money. We moved to New England for my wife's job with the hopes that we'd sell our house in CO quickly and I'd find a job quick. I finally got an offer yesterday and the house is still on the market. We've lived here 6 months ;-(

Since the van is paid for with equity in our CO home, I thought putting it on the market made sense since 1) we could use some of the equity that we're losing by lowering the price on the house and 2) we'll never use this the same way we did in Colorado/Utah. If the house sells soon, we may take it off the market; but we'll have to see how thigs turn out.

Ken

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GS_Ken
    That's my wife. She's probably changing while yelling "put that damn camera down".

We're selling because we need the money. We moved to New England for my wife's job with the hopes that we'd sell our house in CO quickly and I'd find a job quick. I finally got an offer yesterday and the house is still on the market. We've lived here 6 months ;-(

Since the van is paid for with equity in our CO home, I thought putting it on the market made sense since 1) we could use some of the equity that we're losing by lowering the price on the house and 2) we'll never use this the same way we did in Colorado/Utah. If the house sells soon, we may take it off the market; but we'll have to see how thigs turn out.

Ken
    Yea, ORV use on the East Coast sucks, everyone owns everything, "No Tresspassing" is the rule, not the exception.

Members who have read this thread: 0