Otis Trail Pics From 1-19-08- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Otis Trail Pics From 1-19-08

Just got back from a nice 9 miler at Otis.

The trails are almost perfect.

No snow here:

Or here....

Hmmm....any here? Nope:

Maybe there's some down here....

Nope. No snow, no mud.

Just some really great riding:

MBN
    mtbr member

Looks great!

I want to ride that place. Can you give me any advice on where to park and where to find the good trails?
    Thank you very much,
    M.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

great pics

i spent over 2 hrs in otis sat & sun. i love otis & ToT-the cape's the best place to ride. i thought i knew all the trails in Otis but i can't picture some of those must be in the 'freeride' area. i normally stay away from that section. keep posting-i've enjoyed seeing this series of yours chqm8.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I am messing around with GoogleEarth, Adobe Photoshop and with posting pics on this site. Here is the result of an hour or so with all three programs. One of the popular ways to get into Otis is from route 151. Take Rt. 28 (from the Bourne Bridge) for several miles (8-10?) until you get to the Rt. 151 exit. Take a right off the exit and go under the bridge you will see a small dirt pullout on the left, park there. There are trails that go further north than what this image shows and there is access from the north but most of the trails that we ride are within the blue circle. (The blue line is not a trail, it is a rough outline of the area where chqm8 and I usually ride.) It is very difficult to get lost, at any point just head west and you'll hit Rt. 28 (you can usually hear it) then ride south directly back to your car. There are extensive trails zig-zaging all throughout this "box". Have fun.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by terry
    i spent over 2 hrs in otis sat & sun. i love otis & ToT-the cape's the best place to ride. i thought i knew all the trails in Otis but i can't picture some of those must be in the 'freeride' area. i normally stay away from that section. keep posting-i've enjoyed seeing this series of yours chqm8.

Thanks terry. I was starting to wonder if all the pics were getting to be a little too much.

I know what you mean about finding new trails/features in Otis. I'm still finding new things there.

I love Otis but also really can't wait til all the snow everywhere melts so I can branch out a little.

I'm looking forward to trying Lynn Woods sometime this spring or summer.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Any snow now?

I'm considering taking a drive out from western MA to ride... that is if the trails are snow free. So, any snow on the Cape??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pulsepro
    I'm considering taking a drive out from western MA to ride... that is if the trails are snow free. So, any snow on the Cape??

There is currently no snow on the Cape.

Here is the 5 day forecast for the Falmouth area.

over my head
    Hey - I am hoping to ride Sunday a.m.
    1) Is Otis rideable?
    2) Any intermediate riders going to be around Sunday A.M. who wouldn't mind showing an old man around?
    If a little is good...a lot must be great!- B.J. McVane
    '08 Highline;'06(?) 5-Pack;'04 Specialized Enduro; '94 GF Tassajara

mtbr member
    4 of us rode Otis today. The trails are perfect.
    Too bad you didn't ride with. Our nickname is the AARP MTBers. We are all at least 60, but do okay. I guess you could call us intermediate.

Members who have read this thread: 0